*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164697-I-need-YOUR-help
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #2164697
Wanna be a Beta Reader?
Hello people of the internet! Friends, family, and strangers alike! As a few know, I am currently writing a book. I have just finished writing the whole story, but it is still very subject to edits.

So now, I have come to the step where it is time to hire beta readers. Don’t know what a beta reader is? Here, have a wikipidiea: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_rea…

Please know that this will be volunteer work, but then again, this is free for you too.

I should mention that you don’t have to be a professional to do this. In fact, that’s the point. I’m trying to get an idea of how an actual audience would react to my book.

You will be sent one chapter, and immediately after, you will answer a few questions. Try your best to not give one word answers.

Note: You are not looking for grammar errors, or sentences you think should be flipped around or changed. You are looking for continuity problems, confusing plots, and plot holes. There shouldn’t be too many grammar errors anyway. (I hope)

Don’t be afraid to be honest. If you’ve got something harsh to say, lay it one me. I need to know.

Now, I should talk about the actual story. The target audience is youths from 12 to 14, and probably females (Although this is mostly because the protagonist is female) If you are not female or a young teenager, that’s completely fine. I’d be glad to have you on board. Be aware that there is gore and fighting in this story, mostly later on. The vocabulary can be hard occasionally. Kids under 8 might not fancy it.

The story will be about 130 google docs pages (Around 260 for a regular book size) Each chapter ranges from 4 to 10 pages. The genre is magical realism.

The title is “Fourlegged” and it’s mostly about wolves. Here is what I imagine the back cover would say:

Twelve-year-old Violet Smith’s life has been nothing remarkable. There is nothing for her to reflect on, and nothing for her to look forward to.

That is, until one day.

She discovers magic in the world. It is deadly and powerful...and in the shape of a unicorn. The unicorn curses Violet’s heart, changing her very being. She punished with separation with everything she has ever known, doomed to walk the earth as an animal, sentenced to be a wolf...forever.

With double the feet, Violet is faced with hunger, harsh weather, and enemy wolves. All in a body she isn’t used to.


Interested? If the answer is yes, private message me (On my Deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/sansofundertale) and I’ll give you my gmail so I can share the first chapter along with the questions with you in Google Docs.

I look forward to working with you all! And thank you!
© Copyright 2018 Poinsettia (greensquid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2164697-I-need-YOUR-help