*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165021-Hitman-in-Honduras
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2165021
A man gets in over his head when he tries to make things better in Honduras.
"That's how I would do it."

"Bull Shit."

"Seriously, just that easy."

"What's that easy?" John asks as he walks in on Juan and Liam.

Liam smoking a cigarette and lounging way back on the couch set up in Juan's garage laughs as he proclaims, "Juarez Juan here has a plan to take over Honduras."

John scofs, "Ok Juarez, let's hear it."

"It's simple," Juan begins, "First move in with a sniper rifle, start picking off the gang bangers and drug dealers. Next create a legend out of yourself, bring in the locals, you know, hearts and minds. Once they are on your side, expand your territory to encompass a town. Preferably a regular, mid size town is where you want to set up operations, like La Masica. Near a big city, near the coast, population of 25,000." Juan stops and thinks about how clever he is. " Next you ensure the people with guns are on your side. Cops, government officials. Bloat their ego, for the right reasons of course. The expand, perhaps getting the minorities on your side. The Maya, the Garifuna. Push the local threats out from there. Then stir unrest that the locals have to combat crime, the federals wont do anything. Stoke revolution, seek outside partners...Russia, China maybe...badda bing, badda boom, new el presidente."

"Mmmhmm," John thinks about this for a minuet. "Just that easy huh? I'd like to see you try."

"Seriously," Juan plead, "It's the old divide and conquer, strategy 101."

"These are people we are talking about," Liam chimed in with his notorious humanitarian bull shit again, "The people in Central America have already had a tough life, we don't need another gringo from America going trying to take over those countries again."

"Gringo?" Juan protests.

"Woah," John interrupts before Juan can really get going, "You are whiter than a polar bear in the north pole. Fuck your name, you can't even speak Spanish."
© Copyright 2018 Duke of Beryl (dukeofberyl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165021-Hitman-in-Honduras