*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165491-The-Land-Beyond
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2165491
A brief but painful romance.
From the first date, I could see them in her eyes, the stars themselves. They glittered of a land beyond my reach and I found myself longing to see her again, just to get another taste of the freedom that she held inside of her.

When we kissed I felt like I was flying with her. Like she was pulling me through the clouds only she had once been able to see.

She was a drug, a drug that promised freedom. A freedom that she held inside of her heart, in the warmth of her cheek, in the palm of her hand. And she had chosen to pull me from the sick earth to the land beyond.

But, where she was a drug, I was a chain, a chain that kept her tied to the earth. Where I felt free, she felt trapped. I never saw the stars fading or the light draining. I only saw what she could give me, and I wanted more.

When she left me, she was more human. I had taken her wings and left her with nothing. She was now tethered to reality, never to go back to the land beyond the stars.
© Copyright 2018 Bekah Schofield (bekahschof at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165491-The-Land-Beyond