*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166218-A-Helping-Hand
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Other · #2166218
This is part one of a story I am attempting to write at this time.
The rain started pouring down as the thunder clashed in the clouds. It was a dreary day with very little going on. I almost expected it to stay that way. Until I dozed off in my old recliner next to the warmth of the fireplace. I may have been asleep just a short twenty minutes, before there was a terrifying scream that erupted outside. It was one of those that makes your blood turn cold and your heart beat out of your chest.
I grabbed my pistol that was beside me on the wooden end table and I peered outside the window to attempt to spot the source of the terrible noise, but I could see nothing except for the darkness of the evening slowly creeping in through the clouds. As I went outside, I surveyed my surroundings for anything out of the ordinary. That was the point that I noticed my, normally locked, barn door swinging in the wind. The rain beat down against my skin, like sharps lashes from a tiny whip, as I made my way dreadfully across the yard towards the barn. Once I made it to the entrance of the barn, there was the muffled noise of sobbing between the claps of thunder. I felt along the wall, feeling the cool stone beneath my hand as I searched for the light switch. As I flipped the switch, the single lonely bulb in the center of the room flickered to life, revealing a young woman kneeling in the corner of the room with tears gliding down her face. She appeared Terrified, as she glanced back at me while attempting to shield her face from me.
A loud crash came from the back room of the barn, with footsteps that followed. It sounded as if someone was fighting to get away and did not know how to do so. Moments later a man, of a larger build with light brown hair, busted out of the back room into where we were. At first he hesitated for a second looking back at the young woman, he appeared to be thinking during his brief hesitation. Then he sprinted past us out into the stormy weather without a backwards glance. I walked slowly over to the young woman, who pushed herself further against the wall in fear. As I approached her, I noticed a small gash on her cheek and deep purple bruising that was surfacing around her right eye.
© Copyright 2018 therose (therosescarlet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166218-A-Helping-Hand