*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166363-Mute
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #2166363
A mute boy transfers to a new school hoping to gain friends.
Kadir took a deep breath as he entered the classroom. Following the teacher's lead, he stopped at the center front of the classroom. Some students smiled as him while others looked bored, but none of them seemed disgusted as he had expected. Instead, it seemed they were waiting for an introduction. 'They'll never accept me when they find out,' he thought. 'I'll never have any friends.'
"This is Kadir Amari, he's a transfer student. You can take a seat behind Bialy Pelletier. Kadir looked around the room, but no one spoke or indicated that they were the person he was going to be seated with.
"The blonde one in the back."
Kadir nodded and made his way through the luminous classroom to the empty seat at the back behind a messy haired handsome boy doodling on his assignment. A small sigh of relief left his lips as he sat down by the window. As far away from everyone as possible.
Once the class ended, most of the students got up to leave, followed by the teacher, leaving two students in the room.
Kadir shifted uncomfortably in his seat.
"Oi," Bialy said without looking up from his sketch of a dragon.
"Why aren't you joining everyone else?"
Kadir shrugged.
"Why don't you answer me?"
Shit. Kadir nervously picked up his pen and wrote 'I'm mute' on the empty page. Would Bialy hate him? This was going to be a great first day.
"Weirdo.." the blonde said simply as he walked away, shoving his hands in his pockets as he left the room.
Kadir looked at his watch. He'd have to go to the dorms soon to meet his roomate. Great more interaction with university men who Kadir could hardly manage to look in the eye, let alone speak to.
It wasn't too long before the door swung open and Bialy came back.
"Where the fuck is my phone."
Kadir looked up quickly and noticed Bialy's phone sitting in his chair. He grabbed it and held it up to him with a soft smile.
"Don't fucking touch my shit." He grabbed his phone and shoved it into his pocket, glaring at Kadir. He just smiled at him, glad he wasn't ignoring him like the others. Bialy made his way to the door and Kadir followed, grabbing his notebook and pen on his way out. Bialy turned around frowned at him as Kadir handed him his notebook.
'Can you help me find my dorm room? Room 25.' Bialy reads it and shoves the notebook into his hands before walking down the hallway. Kadir stood there for a minute before following him.
Silence filled the dorm halls, except for the sound of footsteps which lasted what felt like ages before Bialy stopped at a door. Room 25.
Kadir smiled at him and nodded as a way to express his gratitude then turned to knock on the door. Bialy watched him for a moment then shoved him aside to unlock the door with an exact copy of his key. "Dumbass."
Even if Kadir didn't have the nicest roomate, at least he didn't completely ignore him. Or even worse. Fear him. Bialy sat down on his bed and turned to Kadir. "Don't touch any of my shit." Kadir nodded with a smile and just before he was about to sit down on his own bed he heard a knock on the door.
"Kadir." His name was called. He opened the door to see his teacher Aizen. He dropped off Kadir's bags. "He'll warm up to you. I promise." Kadir frowned, but covered it up with a smile.
'Let's be friends.'
"Like I would be your friend. You can't even speak. How the hell would we talk anyway?"
'I don't mind writing.'
"I do."
Kadir shrugged before heading to his bed, falling asleep quickly.

© Copyright 2018 Crazy Anyone (sage12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166363-Mute