*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166537-The-One-That-Got-Away
by Jdaw
Rated: E · Short Story · Adult · #2166537
Fishing story
When you think of fishing what do you think of, baiting your hook and throwing your pole into the water hoping a fish will swallow your bait. When I think of fishing, its the most peaceful thing I could possible do. Its the best when you can sit out on the lake and not think about anything or anyone. Not a care in the world except making sure you pull your line in fast enough so your fish doesn't get off. The best memories I have are fishing with my grandpa, when I was younger he would always make sure to include me in fishing. Even if I wasn't very good and would end up getting frustrated and bored. He was someone who didn't care he would always spend time with you rather if the two of you are disagreeing. My grandfather was the nicest person in the world, at least for me anyways he never gave up on anyone even if you did sit there and scream at him. Growing up I never imagined that my world would slowly start to evolve around the things my grandfather enjoyed the most. From fishing to eating coffee ice-cream.
© Copyright 2018 Jdaw (dawson186 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166537-The-One-That-Got-Away