*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166822-Hey
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #2166822
A quick dialogue-only short story about a strained relationship.
“Hey.”

“… Hey.”

“You said you wanted to meet up, right?”

“Yes.”

“Ok, but at the beach? I thought you hated the beach, Haru.”

“It’s just for today.”

“Ok, what do you want to talk about?”

“Um, well, I wanted to talk about… us…”

“What’s wrong with us? I thought we were doing fi-“

“We are not fine, Michael and you know it.”

“Ok… I don’t think there’s anything wrong with us, but tell me what’s wrong with us.”

“We don’t talk. We haven’t spoken in two months!”

“Yeah, I was busy. I told you.”

“I’m not stupid.”

“I didn’t say you were.”

“Let me finish.”

“…”

“I know you’ve been seeing, or at least, talking to someone else. I am not a fool. Any boyfriend in their right mind would not tell their girlfriend a story about another girl, refuse to use her name in a sentence, and then say ‘her name is Ashley, but don’t worry about her’. I wasn’t worried about it before, but now that you say it, I do have to be concerned now. How dare you.”

“Ok, look-“

“Michael, you can’t play with people’s feelings like this. You’re wasting my time, your time, and her time. I can’t believe that you couldn’t break up with me if you liked her that much.”

“I didn’t want to hurt your feelings.”

“So what? You thought it would be ok to just be miserable with me? How much longer was this going to go on for? You don’t think my feelings are hurt now? Or is it just because you didn’t have the balls to break up with me in person?”

“… Sorry for hiding this from you. I should’ve told you and broke up with you properly.”

“You don’t mean that. Every time you say just ‘sorry’ you don’t mean that. You don’t put the ownership behind that sorry. You don’t take ownership for anything.”

“Haru, please.”

“No. We are finished.”
© Copyright 2018 RainandShadows (thatraccoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166822-Hey