*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167035-Resurrected-Heart
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2167035
The journey of a lost soul from death to life
How many times have I tried to claw my way under my own power out of the shadows that lurk in my subconscious, only to be snared by the icy fingers of depravity like glass raking across my soul dragging me down into the abyss of an ever darkening night.

I feel the darkness around to me whispering seductively in my ear that the insatiable thoughts racing like a torrent through my mind are nothing but fleeting fantasy not to be feared, but to be embraced.

Thick coils of lethargy, procrastination and deceit wrap themselves around me caressing my flesh with a warm security while squeezing my my spirit in a vice of soul crushing agony.

As I'm lulled into comfort by a black miasma reeking with the stench of death I cry out for help with a voice weak as the last breath escaping from a corpse.

A point of light pierces the darkness as a wisp of smoke that shimmers though the trees in a forest at dawn breaking through an evening fog to embrace yet the start of a new day.

There's a voice that murmurs softly growing ever louder filling the dank recesses of my heart with hope and encouragement to break the chains of this self imposed prison.

I perceive a gentle touch taking my hand with the loving kindness of a mother holding her new born infant and lifting me from the grasp of a impending doom I could not conquer myself.

The pressure eases as I feel the bonds of my selfish and impetuous will being broken giving up in my own strength to let one who holds true power for change encompass my soul.

Love scorches the iron bars surrounding my heart crumbling the prison walls that held me in a state of prepetul fear and confusion as an enveloping calm breathes life in me once again.

I relinquish my will and all that I am into the hands of grace where the suave of unconditional love heals the wounds of a broken spirit and tormented soul bringing hope from despair.

Now not in my own strength but in the strength of the one who saved me I will truly live displaying a life of integrity, compassion, forgiveness and love to all for His glory.



© Copyright 2018 Patrick McDonagh (pmcdonagh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167035-Resurrected-Heart