*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167758-My-Entry
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Waterk
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2167758
End of Summer
(723 words)

It’s finally going gone, huh? The days of good fun is fading away, just like my lively soul. It almost sounds tragic - to have to let go of those golden days. Literally. Everywhere I looked was a place that lit up because of the red-hot star. At first, I thought that that star was never going to leave us alone. But before I could gaze up to the sky again, it was already gone. Those darn, strict clouds took the sun’s place, glowering over every one of us. Seriously, it feels like one of those mean teachers that are always looking out for students to pick on.

Beautiful job, Caden! You just reminded yourself of that crazy place

The teacher example made me think of Paradise that was next to a small shop near my house.
Of course, I’m kidding! I’m being sarcastic. Never in my life am I going to truly think school is paradise. Yeah. I’m talking about school. They don’t even allow me to play a strategic video game I just found one or two years ago. I want to tell them that I’m exercising my brain, but there’s absolutely no doubt that they wouldn’t listen.
Either way, they - the school staff - don’t care about the students’ words. They’re not willing to hear their side of the story, nor opinions on particular decisions. Technically, that’s not the only reason why I loathe school. But it’s the main reason why. My friends are planning to march into the office, ask to see the principal, and straight-up tell Mr Foster what he should fix about Eastside View of Fine Arts. My friends and I know how low the chances are (that he’d listen to us at all) but I’ve got a separate plan. I could get expelled, but I’m going for it.
But that story’s for another time.
Sorry, folks.
For now, I get to complain as much as I want about why I don’t like the ending of summer. You could almost say that the end of summer is practically the personification of sorrow. Even the sky seems like all of its light was drained. Just like that! Imagine somebody just flicked the switch off. There would be a big room that would control all of the skies. A switch to the right that said ‘light’. Switch it off and the sky gets as dark as a dimly lit cave. A dial beside the switch that says ‘dimness’ just like for computers screens.
It would be preposterous if the sky worked like that - with switches, buttons, levers, and dials.
Own a desk lamp, you’d know what I’m talking about.
If I blinked, I wouldn’t have seen the sky from then to now. To me, it was all so quick! I mean… One moment, it nice and bright but before you know it, it’s as dark as night. If a minute past, I would start to think the sky would cry its waterfalls. For a mad second, I want to fly up to the sky and ask the sun if it was retiring for the rest of the seasons until summer came around, again. Well, maybe a tad bit before summer came. Perhaps just barely the ending of spring? Either way, I want the sun to come back. In a way, knowing the sun would be retiring for a while would be like seeing my two-year-old Newfoundland dog, Tigger, run away. Alright, maybe that’s too over-the-top, but you get the idea.
This is the part where I complain about everything.
Fall - the season where everything falls. Literally. Let’s see; rain, leaves, snow, hail, pedals from trees, shadows… And of course, fall is the season where there are romantic, love scenarios. You know, when couples sit on a bench that’s in front of a tree with falling leaves for a dramatic effect? At the perfect time (just like in old movies) they do it. The love thing, yeh know… Snogging. It gives me the chill every time. What I meant to say, is that Fall is the season where people start falling in love.
Hhe hhe… See what I did, there?
The beginning of the end of summer has already begun ever since I wrote the first letter of this entry.
Why don’t we enjoy the warmth of what we have while we still can?

© Copyright 2018 Waterk (waterk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167758-My-Entry