*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167766-Jeannes-Fight
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2167766
Jeanne's first battle against an Esper.
With a snap of Jeanne’s fingers, his power as a Demigod activated. A cape of black crows feathers connected to him like a wing, or tail. A katana strapped itself to his waist. The clock of time itself ticked along on the guard of the katana, the sheath acted as a second blade for Jeanne to use if need be. The jet black edge of it was a stark contrast to the katana itself. Inside of the sheath, a blade that’s pure white exists. And its ability is to purge the world of Espers.



“It’s sad that a being like you has to exist. But it’s the base principle of this world. An eye for an eye, like water and the sensation of being wet.” Jeanne said as he fell through the sky, the wind brushing his dark orange hair behind him. “Light and Dark, Yin and Yang. Like moths to a flame, we embrace this balance as our one and only truth.”



The Esper’s laugh cut through Jeanne’s train of thought. A red ribbon shot outward and towards Jeanne, wrapping itself around his arm.

Jeanne quickly countered, cutting the ribbon with his sheath. He stepped on an emerald rune that he projected under him, jumping on it and propelling himself forward as more of them appeared around him.



The Esper’s grotesque appearance became clearer and clearer to Jeanne as he got closer. Its crimson red eyes had slits on them, with a permanent smile carved into its face. It continuously laughed like it couldn’t do anything else. Its dark blue dress beckoned darkness similar to the shadow of a skyscraper. No- It’s sheer size was bigger than that of one.



More ribbons were sent flying towards Jeanne, he quickly cut through the first, stepped on the ribbon, and eviscerated the other three around him. He ran along the ribbon, using it as a path between him and the Esper. “Erste Nacht, your end is here,” Jeanne said, as he stood right on front of the beast. The clock on his katana stopped ticking, and the falling buildings around him froze in mid-air. The emerald colored energy of his mana enshrouded him, as he focused his aura into one attack to finish this. Numbers appeared around him spinning like slot machine symbols.



7. 0. 3. “703 days. That is your punishment for filling this world with your selfish despair. Clé de verouillage.” Jeanne jumped, spinning and flipping around Erste Nacht as his mana extended outward like a blade. Each hit connected, and he fell onto a mana circle behind the Esper. Landing, “Boussole de l'histoire,” He said as his mana faded away, the clock on his katana began to tick again. An explosion echoed behind him as he ran his hand through his hair, returning it to its normal bangs that fell over his face.
© Copyright 2018 Celceta (evanain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167766-Jeannes-Fight