*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2168517-The-True-Freedom-Of-Femininity
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Adult · #2168517
Here is what I noticed and many women refuse to consider.
I know some ladies out there will think that I'm deceived or foolish, but I wish they would consider my day as opposed to theirs.

I used to get up and get ready for work. Then I would have to be at work on time or my income and home would be lost.

I started when they said, took breaks when they said for as long as they allowed and then went home when they said after working at their pace to make them happy. It wasn't the freedom mom spoke so highly of.

After work I cleaned my home, did laundry and dishes after eating when I could afford enough food. I was lucky to have an hour of free time, if that.

Was I really equal and free? Was my life better than my grandmother's? Was I really in control of my life?

Or was I just deceiving myself?

Sisters, think about this.

I get up and make sure Tom has breakfast and lunch. I make sure the kids have breakfast.

Tom and the kids leave for work and school and I can work at my pace in my order as I please.

I decide what I'll wear.

If I wear a long skirt or dress I don't bother with shaving my legs or stockings. Socks are good enough. This is typically if I have no errands to run.

If I do have to go out in public this is when I shave my legs and put on stockings. If I feel good a simple garter belt holds them up. If I feel bloated or feel my dress feels too tight I use a corset or girdle.

I know some are saying "Dresses or skirts? What's wrong with her? It's too hot, or it's too cold."

The dead air space around my legs keeps my legs cool in summer as the sun isn't hitting on denim stretched around my legs. It does the same to keep my legs warm in winter as the wind doesn't cut through pants legs. They're actually far more comfortable.

I don't have to bother with makeup as my face is covered by my birdcage veil in public. I need not do my nails as they are under either satin or lace gloves, depending on where I am going. It's all so simple. And more than that, I am dressing for my husband and not other men. I merely try to look nice in public. I'm not trying to get people to look at me.

Sure, some smile, some smirk and others laugh. That's their problem. I would be willing to bet they have far more hassles and far less freedom with their jobs and makeup.

If I am working indoors all day I'm not too picky about my shoes. If I am going out in public I may use a three inch platform heel matched to my outfit. Nothing trashy, just nice.

From there I gather the laundry and start it. If I keep up on it I find it takes little time at all. Oh, I hand wash some items, but that's a mere nothing.

I usually clean up the breakfast mess, kitchen and dining area while the laundry is in the washer and dryer. I may have the television or computer on playing music on either CD's or YouTube.

By cleaning every day it takes very little to clean the bathroom, hallway, bedrooms and living room. It mainly consists of little more than light dusting, vacuuming or mopping the hardwood areas.

I work at my own pace. I'm never rushed. I can sing and enjoy my day.

When Cindy comes over I have plenty of time to sit and talk. We might have lunch or even go out for lunch together. During this time I just make sure that my chores are done. I have all day so it's not hard. As long as the majority are done all I have to do is call Tom and get permission to go out with Cindy.

Because I do the laundry every day I don't even worry about when it gets done in the dryer. I know that I'll have it folded and hung before Tom gets home.

Tom is willing to take out the trash. Why should he? He works all day long. He works under far harder circumstances than I do.

I take the trash out for him and start getting final tasks done before he gets home. My time out with Cindy doesn't hinder much at all.

I know exactly when to start supper. I want it done right before Tom gets home. I need just enough time to set the table and be at the door when my lord arrives.

I love to make him feel special. I may debate on what that will be. That is one of my biggest decisions for my day.

I may give him a girly curtsy when he comes in. I may have his favorite drink ready and take his lunch box. I may even have his slippers by the recliner and grovel at his feet massaging them.

I love calling him "my lord" and "master" as I have placed my life in his hands. If my lord says "jump" I ask how high. If he says I get spanked I start detaching my garters. If he says we are going out I have already made sure I am ready.

My days are so easy. The modern conveniences we have today make it far easier than our grandmothers had it. That makes the folly of feminism that much more foolish.

I was raised to believe that I was equal and that freedom was being enslaved to an employer to work at their speed for as long as they demanded. I found out that true freedom is being the lady I was created to be.

I used to wear makeup. Now I see the enslavement of wondering what others thought and trying to veil my face in costly products. Now I enjoy the simple makeup of wrapping my face in a netting birdcage veil; my hands beneath my satin or lace gloves. It's far more freedom and far less costly.

I enjoy life with my master. Whether he is pleased with me or whether he spanks me like a schoolgirl for being bad, I know he always does what is best for me.

Feminism may have given a false promise of freedom and equality, but I have found true freedom in going back to being a feminine lady as my grandmother was.

I have no desire to be equal to my lord.

I am his to do with as he pleases.

I love him that much.
© Copyright 2018 Stephie (stephiegirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2168517-The-True-Freedom-Of-Femininity