*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173174-The-Crop
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #2173174
Being left behind
The Crop
While on my daily two-mile walk, I have watched a field of corn go through it's process from seed to harvest. The ground was plowed under, then the seeds were planted in rows. The new plants began to come up and be recognized for what they truly are. There was plenty of moisture during the growing season, so it stood tall and green while waiting on the harvest. The stalks held it's crop toward the sun, giving support to some very nice, full ears of corn.
The season has passed, the corn has been gathered. The story that is left to tell, really brings home a message of purpose that we all need to hear. When the crop was gathered, a lot of corn fell by the wayside, to never make the harvest. In this field is what looks like a volunteer crop. Seed broadcast without any order to its disarray. Seed left behind to never be tended to by the farmer. What are we doing with our seed during the harvest? Have we been careless or just not prepared for the future. Are we tending to those who need a Word from God? The Word is Sharecropper. Those who help gather the crop for the Farmer. Are you sharing? Mend your baskets so that no one will be left behind. Find those who are willing. Take the Word from your heart, put it into listening ears. In your daily walk, don't forget those who will otherwise be left behind. Have a bumper crop. Amen and Amen.
October 21, 2018
Bob Perdue


© Copyright 2018 bamboobob (bobper76 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173174-The-Crop