*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173216-Vampire-Lovelost-Vampireknight-chap16-19
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by DM
Rated: GC · Fiction · Drama · #2173216
THe last installment
Chapter 16 SHocks

About a month later Elena runs into Kaien. Who is more than happy to see her. "Hello, Elena how are you? When are you Zero and Rai going to come over for dinner?" Kaien asks. "Soon. That is a great idea. It would be nice."Elena states. "Oh yes. It's so nice having my children over. It was great last month having Yuki and Zero to dinner. IT was like old times. Both my children together again." Kaien states. "Oh really? When was this?" Elena asks. "Oh, it was last month. It was on a Saturday." Kaien states. Getting older now and not remembering like he uses to. "I think I know when that was." Elena answers. "I hope to see you guys soon." Kaien says. Going back off to work.

Elena is livid. He did it again." That wasn't a work trip. It was a fuck trip. How could he keep doing this to me?"Elena said. Elena is so mad she can't sit still. She gets up and heads to the Association. Not holding back as she did before. Her anger overtaking her whole being. She gets to the Association going straight to Zero's office. "Hey, what you doing here?" Zero says. "You son of a bitch. You just can't stop, can you? You must really laugh about how dumb I am. How trusting I am." Elena says, Tears streaming down her face as it turns red. "What are you talking about?" Zero asks. "Don't you play dumb with me. You and your fucking Whore. I guess you like whores because you sure didn't care. That I wasn't one. You rather have her. A tramp that cheats on her husband!" Elena shouts. "She isn't a whore."Zero says. "You bastard. I have given you everything. I have put up with years of bullshit from you. That anyone else would have just walked away. You never cared how much I truly loved you. Or that I picked you. You just keep cheating on me. I was eight months pregnant. In bed with your child. And you were out screwing that tramp!" Elena admits. "You knew?" Zero asks. "YES! Do you know how that made me feel? How I hated you for it. Yet I pushed it down and did my best to forgive you for it. Its been ten years. I thought it was over but no, Here you go again. If you want her that badly GO. I can't take it anymore. I am tired of it. Tried of you. Tired of pretending. I have a husband who wants me."Elena barks. "That's not true. I do want you. I love our life. I have no intentions of leaving you. I want us to watch our child grow up." Zero states. "You have a funny way of showing it. You don't think you're going to be with me and Screw her? I am not putting up with it anymore. It's either me or her."Elena shouts. "Then it's you. I promise. I will not see her again. I want to keep the life we have. Maybe even have another child together. I know you wanted more kids. You just never asked again. "Zero says doing his best to keep calm. "Ask? Why? After you fucked her the first time. I was sorry to have one child with you. Always on the edge that you were going to leave us. Why bring in another? Do you know the pain you have caused me? That I was stupid enough to put up with." Elena asks. "I am sorry for all of it. Please, let's work on this. I promise you won't regret it." Zero states.

"I don't know. I need time. I swear if you ever go near her again. I will shoot the bitch with the bloody rose. And I'm not bullshiting Zero." Elena snaps. "I know your not. You have my word." Zero insists.

A month goes by and Zero does everything he can to prove to Elena he is staying. That he wants this to work. Even asking not to wear a condom to have another child. As much as Elena is hurt by him, she wants to so believe that he has put Yuki in the past. That they can finally have a real life. When Yuki wasn't in the picture there life was good. Their family was everything to her. She would love to have another child. There was a time she wanted to full a room with his babies. So she agreed. There were times he would touch her and she would break down in his arms. Zero knowing that the pain of him being with Yuki was there. Zero feeling terrible about it. Finally realizing that Yuki was Elena's Kaname. He was doing what Yuki did to him all those years to Elena. A woman who didn't deserve it. They were 30 years old now. Time to grow up. Where Elena always was. It was Zero making the mess. Living in the past. She was getting older. You could see it in her face. She would age like a human. He knew he needed to enjoy what he had. Before it was gone.

Zero and Elena find out they are going to have another child. Zero doing everything to make Elena happy. His guilt eating away at him. He even tells her that he thinks she should stay home with this one. To enjoy it. Since they were not planning on having any more. Elena excepts it. Thinking that would be a great idea. To be home for her kids. To watch them grow up before it was over. Zero wanted to give her everything she wanted. Making her happy. Trying to fix all the pain he has created over the years. He would think that she knew about his affair the whole time. Yet she stayed quiet. He knew there was so much baggage she was holding in. So much hurt. There was some he couldn't fix no matter how hard he would try.

About six months later Zero gets a call from Kaname telling him. He needs to talk to him and Elena. Somewhere private. "Why would you need to talk to us? What do you want with me, my wife?" Zero snaps. "Zero this is no time for this. Not to mention you have a lot of nerve. Meet me at Cross. Take your wife!" Kaname barks. "Fucking pureblood bastard barking orders around. He still thinks everything has to jump at his orders. I fucking hate him more now than ever." Zero says.

Zero heads to Cross picking up Elena on the way there. Not really sure what Kaname has to say. Just knowing that he is annoying. "You screwed his wife. What do you want him to say to you? You're lucky. He hasn't killed you."Elena says. "Well, thanks." Zero replies. "Be real Zero. You wouldn't like it either. This whole thing is bullshit and you know it." Elena remarks. "Yea I do." Zero comments.

They Get to cross and go to the Headmasters office. Walking in and Seeing Kaname and Yuki sitting in a chair. Elena's first response is to bolt." Elena please this is important." Kaname says. "Your wife is Whore. She sleeps around with married men. I would rather not be in her presence." Elena says. Yuki turns around in his chair. Eyes swollen and filled with tears. Looking like she has been crying for months. She stands up to reveal a large pregnant belly. "NO! no!" Elena shouts seeing Yuki stomach. Zero in shock grabbing Elena to hold her up. Trying to calm her down. "Please, Elena we don't know. Please"Zero says. "I do know. You god damn Trap. You even take this from me. That's his baby isn't it?" Elena screams. Yuki nods as tears fall down her face. "Kaname your suppose to be this high and mighty man. And yet your wife is a tramp. You can't even control her. What kind of man are you?" Elena says "She is carrying my husband's child!" Elena adds Rage busting through her. "Elena please the baby. We don't want to lose our baby." Zero states. Pulling her away from Kaname. "Now you care? Where the fuck were you months ago? Oh, yea iN her freaking bed!" Elena snaps. "I know your upset and hurt Elena. But we need to talk."Kaname says. "Talk about what? What more do you want from me Yuki? You have taken everything I hold dear away from me. You want him? is that it? Take him. You and your bastard." Elena shouts. Zero staying quiet even though his heart is breaking for both women. He wants to run to Yuki and hold her close. Tell her everything will be ok. He just knows he cant. Elena would never forgive him for that. He needs to be there for her. "Sit Please. Calm yourself." Kaname states. Grabbing the seat for Elena. She takes it as Zero has his hand on her shoulder. Trying to calm her down.

"Look I didn't ask you here to hurt you. If it was up to me and I was able to. I wouldn't have called you at all. It's just that the child is Zeros Not mine. I can't hide it. The child will come out not being a pureblood. It may even look like Him. I can't hide it. Nor can she keep it. No one can know what she did. The child and herself will be in grave danger. Not to mention I will be the laughing stock." Kaname says. "What do you mean she can't keep it?" Elena says. "She can't. There is no way possible." Kaname remarks. Zero heartbreaks. "That's my child. What do you plan on doing with it?" Zero asks. "Well, there are two things. We can give it away. Making it disappear from both our lives. Or you can take it. Pretending it's yours and your wives. No one would care or think otherwise." Kaname reveals. "You want me to raise that bitch's baby!" Elena hisses. "It's not only Yuki's. It's your husbands." Kaname states. "You have to be kidding me?" Elena says. Looking over at Yuki who is a total mess. "Look I hate her but how could you just take her child away. I know how it feels to lose one. She will never be the same." Elena says. "That's not my problem. She should have thought about that before laying with your husband. They didn't think of the consequences."Kaname admits. "She will be having this child in a few more months. CLose to your due date. We are vampires we go longer than human babies. You could say you had twins. Raise them both from the start. No one would ever know the difference." Kaname says. "Easy for you to say. You're not raising your enemy's child." Elena answers. "I could of just put it up for adoption. Not even letting him know. Yuki wouldn't have it. She at least wanted it to be with its own father."Kaname says. "You know you're pretty quiet for all the damage you caused." Elena says. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Or anyone. I just love him. Like you do. I was just bound to be with Kaname. To keep Zero safe I did it. I want to keep my child. Raise it. Watch a piece of me and Zero grow. But I cant. Please let it at least be with its father. I will do anything you ask." Yuki replies. "Anything huh?" Elena says. Zero scared to even make a move. So hoping Elena does the right thing. So wanting that child. Just knowing if he makes a move or says the wrong thing. He could lose his chance. It was smart for the first time in his life. To shut up. This was no time to piss her off.

"I want to talk to Yuki alone." Elena says. "Please Elena I know you're mad but please don't hurt her." Zero says. Elena giving him a dirty look. "I am a lot of things but I will not hurt a pregnant woman." Elena replies. "I will give you your wish. I will be right outside Yuki. If you need me."Kaname says. Zero following.

"You sure are quiet during this. What happened to the smart ass Zero?" Kaname gloats. "What do you want me to say? I am trying my best to make it work with my wife. If I say the wrong thing its over. I hurt her enough. She is carrying my child. I don't want her to lose it. What you just asked of her. Is a lot. If she says no. I can understand it. Even though I don't approve."Zero says. "So when it came down to it. You picked your wife over Yuki. Yuki is falling apart. Dealing with this on her own. You didn't even go near her or look at her. I guess you didn't love her as you think. Just lust for her." Kaname states. "That's not true. I love her very much. I wanted to run to her. Hold her. Make it better. But how? She isn't leaving you. I'm not leaving my wife either. She has you. You wanted her. Help her. " Zero says. "What do you think? I am doing here?"Kaname answers.

"So what did you want to say to me?" Yuki asks. "Funny how you need me. What I choose determines the life of your child." Elena says. "I know you hate me. You have every right to. Just please don't make my child suffer because of it." Yuki says. "If I take your child. You have to promise never to see Zero ever again. Until I die that is. Then I guess it doesn't matter. If you go back on your word I tell everyone It's your child. Causing the biggest scandal ever." Elena says. "Fine." Yuki states. "One other thing. I can see your fighting with this. I know you want this child. IF you keep your word to me. I will let you see the child. Just when Zero isn't around. No one knows but us. "Elena comments. "Yes Please Yes. I will do anything you ask. I would love to see my child grow up. I will stay far away from Zero. " Yuki states. "Good. don't let me regret this. If you do trust me. You will, in the end, regret it more." Elena says.

Both men return to the room. "We will take the child. Yuki and I have come to an agreement. I will have it drawn up and she will have to sign in. "Elena says. "That's fine. Send it to us soon as you do. She will sign and return it to you." Kaname says. "I would like to get out of here now."Elena says. Zero opening the door, taking one the last look at Yuki before leaving. His heart torn into. Just feeling a little relief that Elena is taking the baby. At least he will know its taken cared of. With him.

Chapter 17 Birth

Once home, Elena's nerves are at there highest. "Zero how could you? Not even this you could make between us. Now she is even having your baby? I am suppose to raise her child." Elena grunts. "I am truly sorry, but thank you so much for accepting to take it. It means the world to me. We are trying to make things better. I promise you things will be fine. Please calm down. Focus on our child. The one that we made together. The one we both want." Zero says. "Do you? Do you really want a life with me? Or am I just wasting my time?" Elena says. "I want to be with you. I told you that before this. It was even my idea to have this child. We will work through this. Its like we are getting the child back that we lost."Zero replies. "I never thought of it that way. Zero if you ever go near her again its over. I can't do this anymore." Elana states. "I won't." Zero answers. "Zero we will be having three children. We have a two bedroom apartment. Where are we going to put them?" Elena asks. "Maybe its about time we bought a home of our own?" Zero says. Holding her close to him. Rubbing her tummy and trying his best to make this better. Even though he knows. Nothing will ever fix this. "That sounds like a good idea. We saved enough. I will miss it here though." Elena says. We will start new. New memories. Good ones. " Zero comments. Elena sees a difference in Zero. One where he really wants to try. Is it because he wants her? Or because she is saving his child. One that otherwise could either get adopted out or hurt by someone. Who didn't like the union. Elena likes the idea of getting the child back that she lost. That Zero was thinking about that. That he never forgot. She knew this would be hard. Taking Yuki's child. What if it looked like her? iT would be a constant reminder of what he did. Would he really stay away from her? So many things went through her mind.

After a few days, Zero sits down at his desk. His emotions raw from everything taking place. The thought of Yuki sad and alone. Killing him. He couldn't help her. He couldn't go to her. It bothered him more than anything. So he figured he would write her a note. It would be better than nothing and let her know. That he is thinking about her. That he still cared.

My dearest Yuki,

I am so sorry for everything that is taking place. I am sorry you have to deal with this all alone. I wish things were different. I didn't mean to stand there and not come to you. I just had no choice. If I would of, it could have set her off to not take our child. I do have to think about her. She is my wife. I have done things to her, no one should do to someone that loves them. I know you are hurting. So am i. I just want you to know. I will take our child and raise it. You will not have to worry about it. It will be safe. I will forever love you.
Zero.

Zero gave the note to Kaien to give to Yuki. Knowing he would go see her. Kaien giving Yuki the note. Her understanding of his actions. Just glad there child will have a safe home.

Before the birth of both Children, Elena and Zero go out looking for a new home. They find one and get it right away. Since they are working with little time. Zero pretty much does whatever Elena says or wants. Knowing that he owes her big time. Not wanting to rock the boat, or do anything to make her miscarry. It was a consist worry of his. Since she found out about Yuki and his baby. He knew that would be the last straw. He didn't want that. He wanted this child with her. He truly wanted to make up for everything. Just not feeling he really ever could.

They buy the house and move in, Yagari helping with everything so they can get done faster. Yagari also knew the truth. He could of slap Zero, but instead, he stood by him. Like a father. Knowing that Zero had a lot of demons. His past was full of tragedy. it just seemed to follow him around. They got the three bedrooms, two baths, large kitchen house ready in no time. Zero and Yagair working there ass's off to pull it off. Elena did everything should could. Putting clothes away and doing light things. They didn't want her to lift anything. Their ten-year-old son helped as well. Zero not wanting Rai to know the truth that he was having a child with another woman. They started to tell everyone that they were having twins. They already knew that there child was a girl, they just didn't know what Yuki was having. Not to mention it worried Elena, what they would look like. Would they be similar? It was a good thing Elena and Yuki were not that different than each other. The eye and hair color matched. So it wouldn't be so off. Zero just hoped that by some miracle the child looked like him more than Yuki. So Elena wouldn't hate it. He knew it was a lot to ask of her to take someone else's child.

One day while getting their house together, They get a call from Kaname. Telling Elena that Yuki went into labor. Would she be willing to let Zero go and watch the child being born? "Whatever. I guess after everything it doesn't really matter Kaname. What They did we can't change it. I am sure she wants him there." Elena responds. Irritated. "I don't really want to be here for this. I am not very happy seeing my wife give birth to his child." Kaname answers. "Like I am? She managed to take everything from me. Even the simplest things to the biggest events. I was supposed to be the only one to have his children." Elena replies. "Are you sure you're going to be ok with taking this child?" Kaname asks. "I have no choice. If I don't I am the worse person ever. Sending a child to its doom. It's innocent. It doesn't need to pay for what they have done. I will tell him to go to the hospital. I will be going to. They will induce me after she has her's so they are here together." Elena says. "I will be waiting." Kaname answers.

"Zero your child is being born. Yuki would like you there with her." Elena says coldly. "Are you sure this is ok with you?"Zero asks. "Really? I don't know. Why you even ask that. No its not ok. But I know to be in the same position I wouldn't want to give birth alone. I doubt Kaname is going to watch as she pushes out YOUR baby." Elean shouts. "This will be the last time you see her. Enjoy it. I guess at least I don't have to worry about your screwing her this time. Unless your both are that much of monsters. Elena hisses. Zero hurt by that statement but knowing Elena is venting. He deserved it. At least he would be able to be with Yuki for this. Able to hold her hand and tell her he loved her.

They get into the car and head to the hospital where Zero goes into the room with Yuki. Elena and Kaname wait in the waiting room. "Isn't this fun?" Elena states. "I am not sure. I would call it that." Kaname answers. "I was being sarcastic. I am sure he is in there telling her how much he loves her. How he wish shit was different. And us two losers are out here waiting. What the hell is wrong with us?" Elena states. "For me after this its over. You take the kid and I'm done with it. I promise you she will never go near him again. I am moving far away."Kaname answers. "Like it matters. Don't you think its a bit late? I did say she could see the child. You're taking her away from it as well." Elena answers. "That is too bad. She can come into see it once a month or every few. She gave up rights to it. It's yours. Send her pictures or something. You know we can't trust these two." Kaname states. "Then why don't we just let them be."Elena answers. "It's not that easy. Even if you left him. He still can't be with her. He is a hunter. I am not putting my daughter in harm's way, just because they have the hots for each other. Not to mention I would be the laughing stock." Kaname hisses. "So we all live like this. " Elena asks. "That's up to you. Your choice. You don't have to stay with him. You are free to go. He can raise this child alone."Kaname says. Elena just sits there. Tired and bored and falls asleep on Kaname's shoulder. Which he lets her.

Zero coming out seeing this. "It's not enough you took Yuki, you're aiming for my wife now?" Zero states. "You have a lot of nerve. I offered a shoulder. You offered my wife a lot more than that Kiryu!" Kaname huffs. "I have another son. We named him Ren. He looks just like me but has Yuki's eyes. "Zero states. "Good for you. Now I can leave. Good luck with your son." Kaname states. Getting up slowly not to disturb Elena. "You really don't know how good you have it? Do you Kiryu? Elena is more than Yuki will ever be." Kaname says as he walks away. Leaving Zero there looking down at his pregnant wife sitting there sleeping. Zero in a way knew Kaname was right. What has he done?

Zero lightly wakes Elena up. Telling her about his new son. She has no reaction. At this point, there isn't any reason to. It wasn't going to fix a thing. She does go and see it, looking into the nursery. Seeing this tiny little baby laying there. Looking so much like Zero. It only hurt her more. She was glad in a way it looked like him and not Yuki. He looked a lot like there own son. The plan they have could go off without anyone thinking otherwise. After she leaves the nursery they take her to her own room. Where they induce her, making sure her child was born on the same day. So they can take them home together. Making it look like they had twins. Which in a way they looked it. Their daughter was born, with silver-white hair and brown eyes. It was the freakiest thing they ever saw. How these two children really looked so much alike. No one would ever suspect otherwise. During the labor, Zero didn't leave her side. Doing his best to pamper her, give her ice chips. Anything she needed or wanted. Just like hours ago he did to Yuki. It was a very long hard day for Zero. Never thinking that any of this would have taken place. That their actions would ever lead to this.

When the day was over Zero was relieved. Both children were born healthy and happy. Elena let Ren stay with Yuki, while they were in the hospital. Not even able to image, what it must feel like. To know that the child would be taken away. Even though Elena hated Yuki with a passion, she felt bad for her. It was the best revenge in a way, Yet Elena didn't feel too good about it.

They stayed away from each other the next few days. Once it was time to leave, Yuki left first with Kaname. They had to sedate her to get her out of the hospital. She didn't want to leave her son. Kaname felt bad but he knew this had to be. Not to mention he wouldn't be like Elena, he would never be able to watch this child grow up. Knowing it was Zero's and not his. It killed him. He did his best to keep everything in. As he always did. Just deep down this was ruining him. To know his Yuki was with Zero in that way. Ate at him. He wanted to kill them both, He just knew he couldn't live without her. He loved her too deeply.

Once home Elena takes to being a mother to both children. She does her best as Zero helps. Zero loves Ren. He looks at him and sees the woman he adores inside of him. Never letting that on. Knowing better too. Just in a way happy to have him there. Knowing that the rest of his marriage to Elena he can now get through without trouble. He has his Yuki there with him in a way. Apart of him and her. He couldn't ask for anything more. Ren was beautiful. Inside and out.

Chapter 18 Life goes on.

As the years go by, Zero and Elena marriage gets stronger. Zero stays true to his word. Elena winds up to fall head over heels in love with Ren. Their bond is strong. Even though he isn't her real son. He took to her and she took to him. Having a relationship even closer to him, then she does with her two real children. He calls her Mother and does anything she asks. He does also know she isn't his real mother. As she never lied to him. She told him the truth, even keeping her word to Yuki. Letting her see him when she could. Sending Yuki pictures and milestones from school. Letting her know everything that was happening to him. They stay neutral. As she knows. Yuki fell apart after they took Ren for her. Never being her true self again. Also knowing that Yuki kept her word and never saw Zero again. Not even asking about him. Just letting it go. To keep her son safe. Thankful he was happy and being raised the way he should be. She was thankful to Elena for taking him. It could have turned out so differently.

The years just go by, Elena aging as time goes. There children growing up. Graduating and making lives for themselves. Zero And Elena staying together. Zero keeping his promise to be a good husband and father. Seeing the real good in Elena. How all these years she stood by him. She loved him. He couldn't ask for anything more. It was a little strange now, that Elena looked like an old woman. Yet Zero still looked like an 18 -year-old boy. He was as gorgeous as when she fell in love with him. She couldn't say the same about herself. She was older with bags, wrinkles and saggy skin. She was a regular old lady now. Zero never said anything still staying close to her. Staying until the end.

When its time for Elena to pass, Zero is by herself holding her hand. Feeling hurt and upset. Not really knowing what life will be like without her. She is now seventy years old. Dying of heart problems. In a way, Zero thought this time would never come. That Elena would be here always. Yet life doesn't work that way. On Elena's deathbed, Yuki goes to see her.

"I wanted to come to say goodbye. I also wanted to thank you for raising my son. He is a great man because of you." Yuki says. "To be honest it was my pleasure. He made me happier than anything else in my life. He is a great boy. I am glad. I didn't make my hatred for you ruin that." Elena answers. "I hope you find peace on the other side."Yuki says. "I found peace a long time ago. I had a good life with Zero once he let you go. Or he pretended to. I know he still cares. I'm not blind. He was always a good man who kept his word. So when he promised me. He did it. Now he is free." Elena states. "I am sorry. That I hurt you. No matter what you think of me. I really didn't mean to."Yuki answers. "I know. We both just happened to love the same man. I just couldn't let him go. I was as much to blame in this as both of you. I could have walked away at any time. I just couldn't. Now it doesn't matter. I will not be here anymore. I think its about time you and him. Where happy. Go and be in peace." Elena says. "Thank you."Yuki answers. Holding Elena's hand.

Both woman finally getting a little understanding of the other. They both loved him so deeply neither of them wanted to let go. Now Elena wouldn't be there to hold Zero back. Yuki stays with Zero at the hospital. So he isn't alone. Doing her best to comfort him. To take care of him. Like she always wanted to do. Zero is glad she is there. Feeling his longtime best friend is finally able to be with him. Yet a pain in his heart remains from Elena. To watch her slowly pass, hurt him. The thought of never seeing her again pained him greatly. Not even Having Yuki by his side would fix that.

After Elena passes, Yuki and Zero go home to Zeros house. It's now empty. Zero looks around, remembering all the times they had in this house. How they spent the second half of there marriage here, Raising there three children. The memories of the kids sitting at the table doing their homework, while Elena cooked dinner. Fresh in his mind as if it was yesterday. Yuki hires people to come in and carter the funeral. Knowing she can't cook. She was nothing like Elena. Zero just sits there trying to figure out, what he is going to do in the future. Everything at the moment just looked so bleak. It was a lot to get used to. Remembering how there was a time, at Cross. He so wanted to shake her off. To let her go away. Now how he wished she was there. Spending almost fifty years together was a long time.

Zero just sits in his chair watching the people above him talk about Elena and just eat the food. It disgusted him, how people most of the time. Just came to these things to eat the food afterward. Elena deserved so much more. He had his children that did there best to comfort him. As he did them. There grandchildren running around the house. He knew how Elena just loved when they would come over. How they lit her up. He watched as Ren sobbed at her grave. Leaving the Mother who protected him all these years. That she really didn't have to, yet she did. To him, she was the greatest. He couldn't even imagine how she felt, taking his father's mistresses child. Yet she never showed it. Never hurt him or hold it against him. Always treated him like he was her own. She was one of a kind. More special than his father ever realized.

When everything was finally over. Yuki did her best to take care of Zero. Taking him to one of her Manors. Trying to build up their relationship. As of now, it was just friendship. Yuki new it had to go slow this time. Zero was hurting. So was she in a way. For the first time, they wanted to do things the right way. Giving it some space, Before starting anything new.

Kaname was still around, he was still Married to Yuki. Their own daughter was old now also and had her own husband and child. Kaname didn't have to protect her anymore. They still didn't like the idea of Hunters and vampires together. So Zero would have to just live there. Staying he was her old friend. Never really saying the truth. Kaname used to this bullshit. He went on work trips and left them alone. He had his own things to do and take care of. Knowing neither of them could hurt him anymore. Then they already have in the past.

Chapter 19 ENDING 1 Sock it to you!

After two years of Elena's death. Zero and Yuki are finally a couple. They stay at the Manor together. Just not letting anyone know the truth. Having to hide in the shadows. Zero still missing his wife. Feeling the effects of her loss. Just moving on. Him and Yuki get along very well. Their children come over for dinner all the time. Having a normal relationship. Able to make love and drink from each other at any time they wanted. Having the freedom they always craved.

Kaname comes in here and there. Being very busy in the last two years. Not even chasing after Yuki. Which confused her. He didn't even say anything about Zero being there. It was like he didn't care anymore. It just baffled her as of why? He never wanted to let her go in the past. Always fighting it. Doing his best to keep them away from each other. Just now, he seemed so different. Even happy at times. Zero didn't seem to even get under his skin anymore.

Zero paid no attention to him. He could careless either way. He still hated him greatly. That never-ending or changing. Even though now he got his Yuki. Zero lived with a lot of regrets. Things he could never take back. That he wished. He could of. He would find himself thinking over his past and just cry. At how dumb he was. He let his obsession almost ruin something that was so perfect. A love that was true and real. Never really seeing it, until it was too late.

One night while sitting in the pallor, Kaname comes home. All happy. "Hello, you two. I have invited someone over for dinner. I am sorry for the late notice. I wasn't sure if they were going to come or not."Kaname states. "Whatever. You don't really live here, do you think its just ok for you to invite people over?" Zero states. "Last time I looked this was the Karun manor. Not the Kiryu. I still own it. I just don't wish to see you two messing around with each other all the time. Tonight is different."Kaname replies. "That's fine Kaname. I will tell the staff to set the table for another." Yuki answers. "Isn't he in a good mood? Did he get laid or something?" Zero responds. "Oh, Zero. Who knows. Can we just please have a nice evening? No craziness, please. He isn't really around to bother us anymore. I think one night should be good." Yuki comments. "If you say so. To eat with him is like choking. " Zero replies with a huff. "I guess no matter how long goes by. You two will always hate each other." Yuki remarks. "FOREVER. If he would have left you at Cross. None of this would have taken place. Innocent people wouldn't of gotten hurt. I blame him for everything!" Zero shouts. "We had our own doing in it. It wasn't only his fault." Yuki says. Walking into the dining room.

As dinner approaches, Zero, Yuki and Kaname walk into the dining room. Zero and Kaname standing up talking near the fireplace. "You aren't going to make this a regular thing. Inviting people over for dinner." Zero huffs."Trust me. No. After tonight I don't think you will be seeing much of me."Kaname states. While they are talking someone walks into the room. Standing behind Zero. Zero just thinking its a maid or someone bringing in the dinner. He just goes on talking to Kaname. Until a beautiful woman appears next to Kaname. Going up to Kaname and kissing his cheek putting her arms around him. "Hello, Zero." Elena says. Looking more beautiful than ever. She was back to the 18-year-old girl he dated. Standing there wearing a long black dress with a deep V neckline. Her long brown hair gleaming her eyes shining. He couldn't believe his eyes. "You're a vampire!" Zero shouts. "Why, yes. Thanks to Kaname. I am. While I was at the hospital, Kaname asked me if I wanted to become one. I said yes. He turned me before I would die. He told me that I would get the life I deserved this time. He wanted to make up for all the pain I suffered in the last life." Elena says. Walking to the dinner table and taking a seat. Zero still not able to keep his eyes off her. Yuki not saying a word. Just watching. "Why not tell me? Why hide for two years?" Zero asks. "Because I set you free. You kept your word for once and stayed till I died. Plus Kaname had to get me use to being a vampire. It took a little adjusting. He didn't want me to go out and just eat people." Elena says with a smile. "Why? I never wanted you to be a vampire." Zero says. "Oh, I know. You never once asked me to become one. That would have just ruined your plans to be with your beloved. Now you have her. I hope she was worth everything you ever did to me." Elena Hisses. "I thought we were over that. We had a great marriage after our twins were born." Zero answers.

"Yea. Our twins. That wasn't really something you get over. Not to mention how happy, I have been the last two years. Being with someone who actually cared for me and only me. Having them lust for only me. I have to say the feeling is incredible."Elena says. "No, Your not with him. Anyone but him!" Zero yells. "He was never as bad as you made him out to be. To drink his rich blood I never thought could bring so much desire. I see now why you like her so much. What it feels like. Now we both have it." Elena says. "Kaname you bastard! She is my wife."Zero huffs. "That never stopped you! You were always glad to screw mine. I guess. Now we are even." Kaname gloats. "IS that the only reason you did this?" Zero shouts. "No, unlike you. I did it because I really liked her. I saw what a good woman she was. How you hurt her over and over again. How she gave herself to you. How it was never enough for you. Yuki was no better. To be honest you both deserve each other. I fell madly in love with Elena these two years." Kaname admits.

"Elena, you feel this way as well?" Zero asks. "Yes. After tonight you and Yuki will never see either of us again. We are moving to another mansion. Our own. To live our very long lives. You and Yuki will be free of both of us. He is divorcing her. And marrying me."Elena states.

Zero not even knowing what to think. In one way he is glad to get rid of Kaname. In another way, he can't believe he took Elena. The one truly good thing in Zeros life. Was she doing this to get back at him for all those years? If so it worked. Kaname yet again took something he loved. This time taking something that he finally learned he did love. Something he wished he never hurt. It was just too late.

After dinner, Elena and Kaname leave the Manor. Driving off into the moonlight. To never been seen. They had a long happy life together. Kaname giving Elena what she always wanted. Someone to love her and only her.

Zero stayed with Yuki they also lived together for a long time. Zero was happy but it was never like what he had with Elena. He still till this day regretted all he did to her. Just glad in a way she finally found peace and happiness. Just learning that what he wanted all those years, He already had. Just not with Yuki. With Elena.


© Copyright 2018 DM (billzgrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173216-Vampire-Lovelost-Vampireknight-chap16-19