*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173892-Ariq-The-Sword
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2173892
That beast won’t get away with taking her Matiffee.
Her wings, beating so fast they were invisible sent her long, white hair flowing behind her like a self-aware silk scarf following her every twist and turn. The skirt of her gown fluttered and beat softly against her calves and ankles. A beautiful fairy princess hurrying with a purpose, a concerned look on her face and her head twisting side to side looking for ... something.

The long wicked looking sword, Ariq, twitched in her right hand, moving, seeking ... something.

“When I find that thieving wasp it’ll regret ever thinking about Matiffee, let alone taking her. If it’s hurt her Ariq will teach it a lesson.“ Ariq vibrated in her hand and she could sense how anxious it was to find the wasp too. “Yes, love, we’ll find her and punish it ...” Ariq pulled her attention to the right, her eyes following the movement and, “... there you are.”

The wasp heard, sensed her and twisted, turning and speeding up, flying through bushes and brambles, but she gained steadily until it lit on a stem and faced her. When she landed softly, standing in front of the beast her prehensile feet took a tight grip.

“BZZZ..BZ..BZZZZ..ZZZ.”

“I don’t care what you thought, it’s mine and I want it back unharmed or you’ll regret it.”

The wasp was quick, tossing Matiffee high in the air and simultaneously launching an attrack, its stinger heading for her heart. Ariq was faster though and took a fourth of the stingers tip off before it touched her. She immediately sprang up and caught her pet aphid before it started falling back.

“There, sweetie, you’re okay. Without a sting he won’t last long.” Matiffee snuggled into her making a purring sound.

Ariq vibrated happily in her hand.
© Copyright 2018 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173892-Ariq-The-Sword