*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174454-Just-One-More-Step
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2174454
I heard the pop and the the thud. I ran tward the sound.The scene was covered in blood.No!
Chapter 1: Love at first site


I had not wanted to go to the beach party my friend Cali was having but she insisted I show up and meet her older half brother,Ian O'Mally. She wasn't the type of friend that would just freak out if her bestfriend and her brother hooked up.In fact she had been on my case since she knew I hadn't had a steady boyfriend for about six months. Cali was all legs and sun bleached blond hair with to die for sea blue eyes. I can only imagine how her half brother looked. Cali's dad was what most girls my age called a DILF. I never liked the term but he is a very good looking guy. He has chestnut brown hair and Cali's sea blue eyes and and sharp nose. His skin is very dark from being in the sun all the time. His teeth are bright white and his lips are rose pink. He has a few sun kissed freckles on his nose. He towers over my 5'1 frame at 6'8. He aslo has that smoky deep voice. If Ian looks like him I am in touble big time.


Cali: Lia plz come! U know u want 2!
I really didnt want to go ,I know Cali is spuper confident in herself and feels all women should feel the same,however some of us
do not have this character traite.I have always been short and carried about 5 extra pounds in my thighs. My breast are full and I am not lacking there,I know. My mouth turns up at the corners and I love my full lips. However,my flaming red hair and pale skin with a dusting of freckles across my nose are not exactly sexy material. I really don't want to just throw myslef out there for Ian ,especially around all those tones bakini clad long legged girls.No thank you!
Amilia: How many ppl will be there?Is it just your family?
Cali:yes,it's just us. Come on we can go swimming!
Amilia:oh,yay! Just what I want to do in front of your brother.
Cali:Just get here,thank you so much Lia!
Lia: Leaving now
I have never been able to turn Cali down often if at all. When I first got to Florida ,Cali was one of the first real friends I made here.She was working in the school library and helped me find all the books I needed for my classes.Cali has a hard time keeping friends and so I guess thats why we just stuck. I typically keep others at bay and she tries really hard to pull people in but no one really takes her seriously.
Guys are always after one thing with her and I will give you one shot at what they see when they see her.
I always find myself feeling like a bodyguard when it comes to her and the guys trying to pick her up.
I went to my closet and looked for my powder blue sheer swimsuite cover.It was my favorite one because it had a beautiful yello bird hand stitched on the back of it and everyone loved it. Plus it looked good on me. I had a matching blue two piece swimsuite with yellow stitching . Normally I hated wearing a two piece but the set was bought by my mother right before I left home to come here. She was always trying to find ways to give me a little boost in the confidence area. I grabbed my big flouncy straw hat and slipped my toes into my flip flops and grapped my keys. I drove a silver beat up 2012 VW. It looked a littel out of place and Cali's. They lived in one of those multi million dollar homes sitting on stilts right at the edge of the coast. However,the O'Mally's never let me feel out of place.Since becoming friends with Cali her parents Brent and JillyAnn O'Mally have treated me like a second daughter. Cali and I are freshman in college.Ian her brother is a surfer. He actually does that as his job. He also owns his own company where they make surf boards and speacial equipment for people with disabilities so they can surf and do everything like so called normal people. Someone forgot to tell me that part. Now I am intriged.
I was supposed to be at Cali's by 11:30a.m. and I was late. Cali met me at the door and practicaly dragged me through the big foyer of there big home.

Chapter 2
Ian O'Mally ,surfer god. I was coming from the kitchen with the mustard for the hotdog I was about to eat when I slipped on an ice cube and slammed into the brick wall of Ian O'Mally, surfer god. Ian was wearing a white t-shirt and low rise grey sweatpants and bare feet. He reached out to steady me and ended up making contact with my larger than life breasts. It was a moment that could have been mortifying except I burst out in a gut laugh and slight snort. I got mustard on his white t-shirt.Oh,I am so sorry,I said. It's no big deal,really. Hey,are you Lia? I think he was talking to me but I didn't notice as I was busy staring into his naval.He was so freakishly tall. I stepped back to look up,up and up into the fine specimen my friend called her half brother.
© Copyright 2018 Marieda H. Brown (brown75 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174454-Just-One-More-Step