*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174750-Love-isnt-Easy-CHAPTER-1
by Aang
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #2174750
Clark Evergreen loves Caroline Pierre, but will she accept him for who he truly is?
“I must tell you something. I have fought with my better judgement, but I fear it may rupture my heart if I ignore it much longer. Each day has been a nightmare. I have sought you out for the unrivaled reason of seeing you because I feel- I feel obstructed looking at anything else. What I mean to say is, well, I mean to say you bequeath me with no idea what to say. I come here with my pride to one side, to-to confide-and I ask…, I only ask...” Clark swallowed hard, running his hand through his brown hair, as he paced once more.
The fire flickered and crackled as Clark took a deep breath.
”Hey, I liked the little rhyme you did at the end. It, ah, dramatized the pride part quite beautifully.” William said giving a distracted nod from his seat on the couch, more focused on sketching the colorful sunset.
”Do I sound too pathetic?” Clark asked with a frown, glancing at William. ”Too much poetry? Too little?”
William sighed. ”Why can’t you send her a note? You know, like a normal person.”
”A note?” Clark said completely taken aback. ”Where is the romance in that? What are months of coveting worth on a piece of paper?”
”I’d guess somewhat more than treading on my furnished carpet. Seriously, Clark, you find melodrama in everything.” William said grabbing his hot cup of tea.
Clark aimed a glare a William and continued to pace.
”Why did you agree to bolster me when you do not aid me in this situation?”
”I agreed on the nonsensical notion that you might actually confess to this girl, and I would no longer have to endure your continual pining. But would it be so unadorned?” William said bringing the cup to his lips.
Clark sat down and put his head in his hands. William eyed Clark and sighed.
”Perhaps you should try again. I shall act as the girl.” William said standing up and walking toward the crackling fire.
Clark looked William up and down. ”You’re not near a good enough actor.”
William rubbed his temples in frustration. ”Do you want my help or not?”
”Alright, alright.” Clark pursed his lips, nodding a couple of times before his nodding turned to shaking and he chuckled, ”Nope, sorry, I can’t do this-”
”By golly Clark!” William said throwing his hands up. ”I have been in this room for too long to let our endeavors be for naught. I will hold a banquet if I must, but you giving up is entirely unfair.”
”There is a difference in giving up and admitting when you are defeated.”
”And the difference is only perceivable to livestock fools?”
Clark paused, his increasingly overwrought eyes dropping to the floor. He kicked a piece of red-hot coal back into the fireplace with the toe of his boot.
”I can feel it.” He muttered. ”My heart is ablaze every time I so much as look at her.”
”Gosh, I’ll go tell her!” William said walking toward the door.
Clark’s eyes widened in panic. He stepped forward, grasping William’s overcoat.
”That won’t be necessary,” Clark said forcing a chuckle.
William clapped Clark’s shoulders, and looked into his eyes. ”This needs to stop. Confess to the girl, what could go wrong?”
”What could go wrong? Everything!” Clark retorted.
”Surely not everything.” William chuckled.
”You know nothing about love.” Clark said pacing the room once more.
”Ha, who’s the one married here?” William asked stoking the fire.
Clark sighed. ”I want everything to be perfect. Our relationship cannot be risked being ruined.”
”What relationship? You call meeting each other on the street once in a while a relationship?” William questioned.
”A close enough relationship, and I have seen her at the library,” Clark added.
”Oh, so you’ve seen her at the library a couple times too, sorry for that miscalculation,” William said sarcastically.
Clark and William both stood in silence, listening to the sweet pops and crackles from the fire.
”I have an idea.” William said with a smirk.
Clark raised a quizzical eyebrow. ”I don’t think I’m going to like this idea.”
William laughed. ”Of course you will. You love all my ideas.”
Clark eyed William closely. ”You are my best friend, but I must say that your ideas sometimes get a little out of hand.”
”With all due respect, I think your statement is false.” William said sipping his tea again. ”I always have everything under control, even though you don’t think so.”
”What’s your plan?” Clark asked getting to the point.
”Follow me.” William said walking out the door.
”This is going to be interesting.” Clark muttered closing the door behind him.
© Copyright 2018 Aang (romance124 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174750-Love-isnt-Easy-CHAPTER-1