*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2175273-The-Fight-Inside-Out
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #2175273
I created this Poem from scratch.
The mindset of individuals is all laid bare, you think, you wonder is anyone there?
Your mind is working all the time, you think about past and present and leave the future behind.
You fight everyday just to survive, the pain you feel is like a deep sharp knife.
And every day you think of all that’s happened to you, the abuse, the neglect and all you went through.
You did things you think was wrong to do, but was you wrong or was it them that did it to you.
Years go by and you push it aside, until you get to a point where you don’t want to survive.
But you still seek help, you go to therapy, you take your medication and still think what’s happened to me?
Every day you see things no one should see, hear voices in your head and all you want is to be free.
You build a life and try be happy as can be, but then you fuck it all up and have to rebuild all you did and more pain comes along and takes all you can be.
So you get up again, you fight and you scream, you give all you can and still don’t feel free.
Every day you push you beg and you plead, dear mind please let me be.
But your mind won’t listen it just goes on as can be reminding you of everything screaming look this happened to me.
But no one will listen, No one believes that a fighter had all this happen, but I promise it happened to me.
So every day I fight just to be, every day I fight to be free.
© Copyright 2018 Charles (charleschapman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2175273-The-Fight-Inside-Out