*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2175435-The-Overcore-A-dungeon-core-adventure
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lock
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Dark · #2175435
V2 A young inventor creates a solution to the worlds problem that opens up a new world
My day was beyond horrible, The kind of day where every small thing starts rolling downhill into a massive mudslide set to ruin my day. My morning began in a empty bed, my wife running off with my wallet, likely to spend a small fortune on garbage for herself which i wouldn't mind too much except for the fact that it had my citizen card enabling me to take a hover car to work leading me to jog in dress clothes a few miles through smog until i reached my lab, here me and my team were attempting to find new solutions to the United Word Front's problems, The UWF began in 2319 when the population density reached a turning point where the world united in an attempt to broaden the horizon. The thing was that they had several solutions in the work, The issue? They were too slow, Terra-forming mars? Several decades, Moon base? Bio domes are still under construction, Floating cities? Good luck with the tornado's.
I let out a tired huff as i staggered into my teams lab, I a humble quantum physicist am helping my team figure out some ideas, currently they want to make a quantum ion engine to make a stasis colony ship, Stasis technology helping keep the peoples lives on hold as their minds play games or train them as the ship travels. Already there have been about 30 colony ships traveling out in all directions carrying 3 million people while massive towers are built tearing into the clouds that were full of nothing but stasis pods, The worlds population currently in stasis? Estimated at 54 Billion. This didnt help the other 80 Billion living in apartment complexes that went miles into the sky and underground. I shook my head to ease my clustered thoughts as i walked in and watched my team in another.. Peaceful conversation. Currently red faced, our team leader Andreas was pointing his finger into our physicist Charles's face as they screamed about whether or not the current formula theory was accurate as jenny, the resident chemist was trying to brew up a sample fuel for our current prototype, a few other newcomers stood around glancing about awkwardly. I cleared my throat hoping to defuse the situation.
"Pardon me, Can i ask what is the issue.. This time?" I ask already feeling a headache grow, Andreas head turned like it acquired the perfect target as his finger swiveled to jab in my direction
"YOU! You pathetic quantum bitch didnt write the formula down correctly and ruined all of our current work!" He screamed his face going purple, i felt concerned a moment until his words registered.
"Me? You mean the formula where you insisted i had it wrong and erased my current work to write out the one you believed accurate?" I said I said feeling my head throb as adrenaline began to pump through my veins, Andreas the small Spanish man had a Napolean Complex as well as a superiority Complex as well meaning he thought he was better then plasmatic gold and that the taller you were, the dumber you get. I watched as he stomped around yelling about this and that which was what we were used to until he swung his hands and smacked the corner of Jennys chemistry stand sending bottles flying off and shattering on the floor where it began to melt sending up a thick oily cloud of smoke that ate everything it touched, Alarms rang as we all started to run out and the sprinklers spewed foamed water that grew into thick white foam when it hit the smoke containing it as we stood on the street.
We all stared at the doors as my clothes began to itch the nanofabric slowly fuzzing from the foam water until it felt like fiberglass mixed with sandpaper. I let out a frustrated sigh until Andreas stomped up in front of me. His 4'2 self jabbed his hand up at me with his finger out barely reaching my nose which was not intimidating at all being that i was 6 foot.
"Your gone, Leave!" He snarled suddenly and waved his hands at everyone bkk=laming everyone for dragging him down, Real charmer huh?
After a long batch of arguing later the team was disbanded and we all drove home, except me, i had to walk home dragging my feet through the miles of wandering crowds and stood in front of my tiny home, with a 3 room house and a small attached shed and greenhouse i hesitated to go in. I was able to afford this lovely space due to publishing a few theories that aided others on their projects, after they sent me some funds as thanks i was relatively rich to enjoy the comforts of a good home. The only issue was that i could hear moans coming out of my house which meant i finally figured out why my lovely blonde wife had been distant, she had finally found a replacement for me. I shuddered softly as i felt my insides ache with betrayal as i went into my shed where my current project lie.
A small 4,10 circular frame stood with 16 Tesla rods pointing inwards, a ramp up both sides so one wouldn't step up or touch the ring. This was a big childhood dream of mine, Inter-dimensional travel. To where we could find new worlds and it would have been a great project for the lab, Except Andreas laughed it off while degrading me and my " Fantasies" and thus had me spend 16 hours every day slaving over his engine that literally went up in smoke. My idea was built off current small distance teleportation however the power costs were astronomical so they werent widely used besides the government. I looked around the embarrassing work space with my laptop and tools on a workbench for the portal and hundreds of packets of genetically modified seeds with outdoors tools, i may be a bit of a slob when it comes to my passions, which now that i think of it, isn't a good sign. I shrugged, what did it matter as long as the end result was success, never mind that sounds like something a super villain would say. I moved over to my lap top and dragged my lines through the lines of code for this months run, ive only been able to afford to try out a code monthly as id be bankrupt by the electricity bill. Giving a slow nod i wrap it up only to hear movement, the front door closing and then the shed door opening, turning slight i watched 'her' walk in.
© Copyright 2018 Lock (deathbydawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2175435-The-Overcore-A-dungeon-core-adventure