*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2176517-Writing-Prompt-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #2176517
If you dance to the music, you will find yourself
It was so quiet that you can hear the sound of a pin falling to the ground. Think of it as a vacuum, where no light, no sound can get through. You are surrounded by this vacuum. That was what Kyle felt like when he woke up. He saw his room but something was different. His messy worktable with all the discarded food wrappers and random papers lying around. His laptop is precariously situated on top of a stack of books. Everything looks the same but feels off. Kyle rubbed his eyes and yawned. He tried to speak, like those announcers on tv where they go "testing, mic check 1 2 3." but no sound came out. Did he loose his voice in his sleep? What was happening? He tried to sit up but his body felt like lead. He tried to lift his hands. It was like moving through honey, sticky and slow. Finally, after what seem like years to him, he got up into a sitting position. This is a dream right? It has to be. It feels wrong. Kyle stood up and walked to the bathroom in the same slow-moving pattern.
There was his Sponge bob limited edition toothbrush in a Captain America cup by the sink. No matter how old he gets, Kyle will always have a soft spot for his cartoons and comics. They were his life and soul. Everyone has their own hobbies and interest right? Kyle's is this. You can never take this away from him.
Next, he tried to open his door and walked down the stairs. He continued in the same slow motion all the way down to the hallway.This is getting ridiculous. Will I ever wake up from this weird dream? thought Kyle.
In the kitchen, he saw his mother whipping up pancakes and sausages for breakfast while his father was sitting at the dining table, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. Everything seems so normal yet it wasn't. His parents were also moving in that slow pattern, as if someone was holding the remote over them, controlling the speed of their movements. It can't be too fast, nor too slow. It has to be the right speed as though it needs to be synchronised. They were like a pair of swans, in tuned with each other. This is getting weirder and weirder. Kyle tried to call out to his mother but to no avail. As if sensing him, she turned around from the stove and smiled at him. She beckoned him with her left hand while her right hand were transferring the food to a plate. He walked towards her and took the plate. He tried again to speak but his mother just shook her head. She continued to smile and pointed him towards the table where coffee and freshly baked bread were already set up. His father also smiled at him and took the plate of food from him and started to dig in.


To be continued
© Copyright 2018 zhouailing (zhouailing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2176517-Writing-Prompt-6