*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178114-file001recovered
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #2178114
forgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforgetforget
Location: unknown
Date: unknown
Time: unknown
File/owner: P[file00_]




She's here. Doesn't she see me? I'm here. I was waiting. Waiting for the joy that seemed to emit from her smile, intoxicating all who saw it. We were all waiting for her. However, what we did not anticipate was the arrival of the man behind her. A tall and obviously possessive man, as his large hand tightly held her thin wrists.

I couldn't see it. Her smile, I mean. Her face held nothing but sunken cheeks and swollen eyes. She must be tired.
K[file_00] was celebrating his birthday today. He wanted nothing more to see her. To see her smile.

Where was it? K[file_00] asked her to skate with him. She reluctantly slid from the man's lap and took K[file_00]'s hand.

A dark look flashed across the man's face. I looked over to her. She saw it too. I couldn't decipher that look. It probably wasn't important anyways. Still, it bothered me.



It lasted all night. A once joy-filled, bubbly girl had turned into a lifeless zombie. She must be very tired.

The hours flew by. Soon she had to go. She gave K[file_00] and J[file0_0] tight hugs before the man took her small wrist into his hand and dragged her out the door. Something wasn't right.

I followed her to the door. He let go of her wrist to open the door. He went outside. I took this chance to talk to her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine." she replied, a smile spreading across her face. Her smile didn't reach her eyes.

"Well....weren't you going to say goodbye?"

"Oh," she said, giggling, "I'm so sorry."

I extended my arms to her. She took two staggered steps and fell into my arms. I held her with all my might. She weakly returned the hug.

We stood there for longer than I had intended. Soon, the man came back in. The dark look returned to his face.

She let go, her lips curved in a faint smile. I thought I saw tears forming in her eyes as she whispered "Goodbye," under her breath before following the man outside.

She must have been incredibly tired.

She must've been.




incident/r@p3//:destroyed
© Copyright 2018 Annie Clements (xxxxfoundxxxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178114-file001recovered