*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2182125-Demon
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2182125
A girl and her spying.
There's something weird going on here. She felt it. Her ears were pressed against the keyhole and waited to sneak out of her room. Her attention caught a light breath outside. She peeked through her keyhole and saw the demon. She counted to sixty before floating out silently.

She drifted down the hallway and saw that the door to the office was closed. She was prepared for this. She mustered her strength and levitated and found the air vent. She twisted the nails that she loosened earlier and glided into the duct.

Below, she could see the demon going through her stepfather's files. Her stomach twisted with disgust. After how her stepfather had treated the demon with kindness he repays it by betrayal. She snapped her attention back to the room. She slid out a globe of light from her pocket. It unfurled in her palm to become a circle. She aimed it towards the demon.

"Start," she whispered.

"Finish," she whispered, ending the recording when she was satisfied that she had captured enough evidence. The globe curled into itself. She felt giddy at the success, but the globe slipped out of her hand and landed with a soft thud.

The demon glanced up. She held her breath not daring to move. After a second the demon walked away.

She sailed hurriedly towards the hallway. She slipped into her bed as soon as she was in her room, and fell into a fitful sleep.

~~~~~~~

She woke to the sound of sirens blaring and looked at her night table and saw the crushed remnants of her globe. She paled. Outside the window, she could see the police surrounding her stepfather. She gasped as something smooth clicked around her wrists.

"You are under arrest," the demon said.
© Copyright 2019 Olive Ollitick (oliveo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2182125-Demon