*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184133-High-School
Rated: E · Bulletin · Community · #2184133
This describes the typical day-to-day attidutes of a high school senior.
As teenagers, most of us are stuck in between wanting to be treated like an adult but also not wanting to grow up and fill our independent roles. As we are somewhat forced into the first option, we learn to deal with trauma and inconveniences in a completely different way. In a more symbolic sense, teenagers experience the dimming of pain. I don’t feel the same as three years ago when I get handed back a test with a bad grade. I no longer have the instinct to blame someone else or put myself down for it. I of course feel defeated as I always try my best, but along with other high school students, the feeling begins to overuse itself. After a while it begins to hurt less as years pass by and you experience much more extreme circumstances, more devastating than a failed test. Every passing situation has the ability to teach every teenage high school student what is worth the trouble or tears.
© Copyright 2019 caroline cheatham (cheatham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184133-High-School