*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184945-Pure
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Fantasy · #2184945
Chavil is a dragon that is trying to get by in this world despite having lost her memory.
“Run faster if you want to live! Run as fast as you can! They’ll catch you and do terrible things to you. They might even kill you. Please run, and don’t look back. I’ll look for you after I’m safe. I promise.”.
Chavil woke up in the winter night. It was cold and she was scared. What was she scared of? Was she being chased? Her head was aching, and she felt tired. Arising from her long sleep, she descended slowly to the entrance of the cave, gazing at the night sky. It was cloudy, and few stars were visible. It was freezing with temperatures nearing -50*C. The cold did not bother her, for her thick, scaly body protected her from all discomforts of nature. Chavil was hungry and needed to eat. Prey was hard to come by in these difficult times. Nonetheless she needed to search, if she meant to survive. She opened her massive wings and leapt from the cliff taking flight moments after.
The air burned Chavil’s nostrils as she was making her descend to the forest below, in hopes of finding something to feast on. Landing in the middle of the forest, she quietly moved around, sniffing the air as she went. Nothing. “It’s the middle of bloody winter, of course there’s no bloody food”.
She wandered for days in search of something, anything. Even a little mouse would be better than hearing your stomach growl at you for days on end. Seeing as walking around wouldn’t find her any food, she decided to stop and rest beside a lake in the depths of the forest. The water froze her mouth and throat as she drank. At least she was able to feel something other than this terrible starvation burning her from the inside out.
“When was she last time I ate” she wondered. “How long have I been asleep?”. Too many questions, that she could think about after she found something to eat. She stood up and started walking again. Her search might be more successful if she looked from the sky. With that in mind, she opened up her great, white wings again and took to the sky.
Chavil was a young dragon. Merely five years old. That would make her the size of a bear. Still dangerous but nothing like a full grown monster roaming the skies. At this point the only creatures she could pose a threat towards were those hiding in the forest to avoid being her next meal.
In her search, she notices a shadow moving about through the bushes. She must be careful. This could be prey but this could also be danger. Landing quietly, several meters away from the shadow, she followed the sound all while remaining in darkness. Keeping her head lowered, she approached with caution. Taking the chance, she leaped onto the bush, putting all her weight on the jump. Luckily for Chavil, it was an elk. While ripping the animals head from its torso, she realized that she had finally escaped starvation. She flew back to the cave, with the elk dangling in her jaws.
© Copyright 2019 We'reallguilty (marx98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184945-Pure