*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187043-Why-me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Dmeas
Rated: 18+ · Other · Fantasy · #2187043
This is a small part of what I'm working on. Maybe the beginning? Would love feedback.
He came wondering into the store, limping and looking rough. Like he had just gotten into a huge fight with someone quite a bit bigger than him. I honestly couldn't tell if he won or lost. I wondered to the back of the store looking up and down the isles until he stopped in the middle of the first aide section. I wondered around to the other end to watch, intrigued by this mystery guy covered in blood. I really am a messed up individual.

Without looking around or up to see if anyone was watching, he ripped open a box of large bandages, dumping them onto the shelf in front of him. He grabbed the rubbing alcohol next to it and popped open the lid to remove the safety seal. I watched him struggle before finally walking closer to him.

"Would you like some help?" I reached out for the bottle and made eye contact.

"Normally I would say no but I really don't have time to stand here and fight with you or this stupid bottle." He reached out his hand offering me the container. One eye brow shot up and a smirk appeared on his face. It was almost as if he recognized me. But that couldn't be possible. There was no way I could forget his face.

He had black hair that stuck out in every direction, including down into his face. His eyes were as green as grass in spring. There was a small pale scar just above his left eyebrow and a small sprinkle of freckles across his nose and cheeks. He also wasn't much taller than me, which in my opinion is a good thing. He seemed to be close to my age.

I popped open the lid as he rolled up the sleeve on his sweater. Underneath was a large gash that was bleeding pretty bad. I glanced at his face just once more before moving next to him and dumping the alcohol on his arm slowly. He winced in pain, sucking in a small amount of air and clutching his fist. I giggled and looked up at him again.

"Seriously? That hurt but not the cut or any of your other wounds hurt?"

"Look, just pour the damn stuff on it real quick so I can get out of here." He clenched his teeth and stared down at me. "Please."

I dumped more onto his arm, not caring about the mess I was making or that there was a man on the next isle staring with his mouth open. I ripped open a roll of gauze and pushed his bandages to the side. While wrapping him up, I glanced at what he was wearing. Dress shoes, fancy black pants and the ugliest sweater. It was brown with a dark green pattern all over it. Circles, or maybe just something else but the colors made it look different.

"Those bandages would not have lasted very long, if they even stuck at all. This will work better. And you might want to get that leg checked out." I stepped back when I was finished and wiped my hands on my pants. A little bit of blood and alcohol had gotten on them. "You also might want to change the shirt. More because its absolutely horrible rather than because it has blood on it."

I stepped around him and made my way to the front. I couldn't even remember why I came into this store in the first place. Plus, I didn't want to somehow get caught up in whatever was going on with him. I smiled nicely at the man that had been watching us and waved. "Have a good day," the clerk called from behind the counter. He must not know what happened in the first aide aisle. I laughed and pushed the door open.
© Copyright 2019 Dmeas (dmeas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187043-Why-me