*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187389-The-Start
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by J Fry
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Romance/Love · #2187389
This would be the first chapter of a book.
All I am aware of right now is how loud the music is. My eyes are closed so the flashing lights aren't bothering me but I can feel the atmosphere around me. This is the first time I have been to a club in about three years. What started out as a simple catch up with the girls turned into a crazy night on the town. I don't know what the time is but I do know that I am all alone because the others have already gone home. I was going to go home too when Therese left but I decided I was having too much fun and I didn't want it to end just yet. Life has become too boring and stiff lately and all I want to do is to let my hair down.
Most people don't understand that I have already completed a university degree in accounting and have had three promotions so far in my short career and I'm only twenty-three. But that is what happens when you decide to block out everyone in your life to focus on your job because it is the only thing you know how to do properly. I don't have a boyfriend let alone any close friends anymore so that is why I was so surprised to be invited tonight. I thought everyone would have forgotten about me but obviously that isn't true and it seems that the rest of the girls haven't been catching up too much either.
I am on the dance floor by myself. It doesn't really matter because there are people everywhere but luckily it isn't too packed. I have had a few guys try and dance with me but I'm not interested in them. I am just here to have fun and enjoy something for once. A guy hanging onto me and trying to take me home would ruin the mood I have and kill my night. But having the attention of some guys is not a bad thing either. It does make me feel good about myself, that I am still attractive to the opposite sex even though I haven't been on a date in over ten months.
I used to go to the clubs every weekend on both Friday and Saturday nights. I wouldn't say that I was a slut because I did not go home with every guy that I made out with. And I wouldn't say that I am a complete tease because I did fuck some of the guys. I was only half and half but that all changed when I almost failed a subject at university. I had to sit a supplementary exam which allowed me to pass the subject but it was a huge wakeup call which made me change my life as I believed I was heading down the wrong path. I focused on my career and here I am today.
My friends tonight could not believe that I am not interested in dating or even hooking up with a guy. I turned my life around and now I am all about making targets and reaching goals in my career that I am too consumed by that to even consider a love life. I do have to admit though that it can get pretty lonely when I get home and there is no one to greet me but the feeling soon passes and I start working on the tasks that keep me occupied at home. A guy would disrupt all of which I have worked for and I cannot have that.
I am starting to get thirsty again so I open my eyes. As I am leaving the dance floor, I pass this guy whose eyes catch mine and have my nerves tingling. I can still feel his eyes on me after I pass him and continue on my way to the bar. I have never seen this guy before but I feel like I know him somehow. It could be that we just connected for a minute but I feel like he is someone I want to know if I don't already. I can still feel his eyes on me as I wait in line at the bar. The line is moving slow and I feel like I am wasting my time standing here.
Finally it's my turn to be served and I order a tall vodka lemonade. Vodka has always been my first choice when I went out even though I can drink pretty much any type of alcohol expect for rum. I have never liked the taste and I have seen way too many things happen to people who drink rum; most of them bad. I have just stuck to wine over the past three years so the vodka has hit me hard, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
With my drink in my hand I make my way back to the dance floor. I walk past that guy again, only just to see if it happens again or if it was a coincidence but it does. I gasp slightly and I see a faint smile on his lips indicating that he must have heard me. I try to put him out of my mind as I walk to the front of the floor near the DJ. Sipping my drink, I start moving my hips again to the rhythm and start to get lost into the music again. The song, Titanium, came out when I was still the big clubber and it reminds me of the times I had and how much I miss it surprisingly.
Shoot me down but I won't fall, I am Titanium.
Hands grab my waist to pull me against a lean body. I know that it is that guy from before and I don't know what I want to do. Part of me wants to move against him, learn his body and possibly get to know the guy. The other part of me wants to push him away like I have done to all the other guys that have tried tonight. I decide to just stop thinking about it and let him take control for a while, not promising anything.
I am backed up against his body now, moving to the music we have found our own rhythm together in no time at all. His hands on my hips, not guiding me but making sure I don't stop. I know that I can dance. I have had enough guys complement me and get aroused by my dancing to believe that I know what I am doing and that I have a certain persuasion in my moves. I let go of the inhibition telling me that this is a bad idea and just let my hips do the talking. And soon enough, I feel a slight hardness behind me and I know that I have him if I want him.
As the beat of music changes with the song, my hips go with the tempo without missing a beat. He turns me around and runs his hands down my sides while I keep on dancing. His lips are near my cheek, far enough away not to be touching but close enough for me to notice their presence. In one swift movement he holds my chin up as his lips find mine. The kiss is bruising and demanding and it intimidates me because I haven't even heard this man's voice and he is already kissing me. There is nothing soft or romantic about this kiss at all, just a man taking charge and making a girl his, and all I can do is let him.
We continue to move with the music as the kiss continues. I am ready to pull away for some air, when he moves away long enough for a quick breath before his lips are back on mine. He still has one hand holding my chin in place and the other on my hip, feeling my body as it moves to the music. I am not feeling self-conscious about what we are doing, it is dark enough to allow us some privacy but the flashing lights keep catching the back of my eyelids. Then finally he pulls away.
He grabs my hand and pulls me off the dance floor behind him, walking at a brisk pace. He walks us to the bar where the crowd seems to part for him and orders two vodka lemonades. I am curious as to how he knew what to order for me but then I think that maybe one of them isn't for me. The drinks arrive and he pays for them then hands one to me, grabs my hand away and leads me to the VIP section where the security lets him. He leads us to a secluded section in the corner that has barely any lighting.
He moves me so I am sitting right in the corner and I sip my drink cautiously. This guy demands obedience by making you feel like you want to. He puts his drink on the table in front of us and takes my drink and puts it there too. I am about to protest but before I can his lips are on mine and I am lost all over again. He moves closer to me and leans me back against the wall as his hands move all over my front to my humiliation of whoever is looking at us.
I have no idea how long he kisses me before he moves away. I move to take my drink, looking at him for permission. He doesn't say anything or makes an inclination but I can tell by his eyes that it is okay. I have never believed that I was into submission but for this man I am willing to try.
"So, what's your name?"

© Copyright 2019 J Fry (juzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187389-The-Start