*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187768-Trail
Rated: E · Script/Play · Action/Adventure · #2187768
A mystery script about a missing man.
EXT. TRAIL- 9:00 PM
A person, PERSON 2, is walking down the Aqueduct Trail. The camera follows him as he walks towards a person clothed in shadows, PERSON 1. The person the camera followed starts talking
PERSON 2
We’re ready.
PERSON 1
You’re sure?
PERSON 2( after watching PERSON 1 for a minute)
Fine. So( pause) when do we start.
PERSON 1
Midnight tonight. See you there.
PERSON 2 walks away. The camera stays and watches PERSON 1.PERSON 1 stays for a minute and then walks away as well.
CUT TO:BANK
4 people are running out of a bank carrying sacks of cash with alarm bells ringing. 1 of them breaks off from the group. He runs over to a car parked close to the bank and gets in. He then drives away. We watch the car go for a little bit and then the camera watches the three people as they go to another car parked away, with a security guard chasing them. They get in the car and drive away. We cut to the person who broke away from the group. He is carrying the sacks of cash into what looks like a shed. Then we see, two people searching a house until they find a small piece of paper with a cipher on it.
CUT TO: MAN’S OFFICE
PERSON FROM OFFICE is sitting doing work. PERSON FROM OFFICE is recording himself when he says,
MAN FROM OFFICE( RECORDING HIMSELF)
January 7. Cipher 36.
There is a knock on the door. MAN FROM OFFICE puts down the recorder but forgets to stop the recording.
MAN FROM OFFICE
Come in!
PERSON 1 enters.
CUT TO:OUTSIDE OF BUILDING
A PERSON is running. He is dragging a large sack with what looks like a body. He runs onto a bridge. Then, he takes out his phone and checks the time. It reads 12:00. A car drives up. He gets into the car and it drives away.
CUT TO:Inside the car
There are two people in the backseat of the car and one driving.
PERSON 1( in the backseat)
Hurry!
PERSON 2( in the backseat)
Relax. Nobody’s after us.( PERSON 2 gestures backwards). We’re in the clear.
CUT TO:BEDROOM OF RICHARD BRUNO
RICHARD BRUNO and his family are in the living room when the doorbell rings. RICHARD BRUNO’S MOTHER opens the door to see DANIEL O’MALLEY.
DANIEL O’MALLEY
Well, I am so sorry, but he’s missing.
As DANIEL O’MALLEY turns to leave, SUSAN shouts out at him.
SUSAN
Where are you going?! You can’t just leave us after saying something like that! What happened to my husband?!
DANIEL O’MALLEY
From what we can gather… your father was working at the museum last night, then when his secretary went in to give him his messages, he was gone. As were all his notes and work.
RICHARD BRUNO and his family look both sad and confused.
DANIEL O’MALLEY
We’ve questioned the secretary, but she doesn’t seem to know anything. Poor thing is distraught.
RICHARD stands there seething.
INT. ANTHONY BRUNO- DAY
PERSON 1 and PERSON 2 enter and walk towards ANTHONY BRUNO
ANTHONY( MAN FROM OFFICE)
What do you want from me?
PERSON 2 hands ANTHONY a piece of paper with words and symbols on it.
ANTHONY
What’s this?
PERSON 1
Solve it.
ANTHONY
And why should I help you?
PERSON 2
You’ll solve it… or else.
INT.RICHARD’S BEDROOM- DAY
RICHARD is crying on his bed when SUSAN comes in.
SUSAN
Hi, Richard… How’re you doing?
RICHARD( drying his tears)
Fine. I just wanna be alone right now.
SUSAN
Anything I can do?
RICHARD
Actually… could I just look in dad’s office? It could help me… with all of this.
SUSAN
I think they were supposed to check for clues though.
RICHARD
Please mom. I need this.
SUSAN
I’ll call them and see if they can postpone.
After a minute, SUSAN returns
SUSAN
They can give you a half hour. Do you want me to come with you?
RICHARD
No. I kind of feel like this is something I have to do on my own.
INT. ANTHONY’S OFFICE- DAY
RICHARD’s in ANTHONY’S office, looking around when RICHARD sees something.
RICHARD BRUNO keeps looking around for clues until he sees the recorder. He plays it and hears MAN FROM OFFICE’S recording from before when he was kidnapped. The recording is longer than before and we hear a name as ANTHONY BRUNO says,
ANTHONY
January 7. Cipher 36.( knock on the door and PERSON 1 enters)Hello, Mr. O’Malley. How are you today? I was so surprised to receive your call today! What could you possibly want from a man like me?
RICHARD shuts off the recording, surprise shown on his face. He then runs out of the room. RICHARD finds CODY NEGRI, DANIEL O’MALLEY standing outside of ANTHONY’S office. RICHARD walks up to them.
DANIEL O’MALLEY
Done?
RICHARD
Yeah.
CODY NEGRI
How d’you feel?
RICHARD
Fine.
DANIEL
I’m gonna go search the room.
CODY NEGRI
I should probably… ( he points to ANTHONY’S OFFICE)
RICHARD
Wait! I know who the kidnapper is! It’s Danny O’Malley.
CODY
No… Daniel? I’ve known him for years! He would never do anything like this.
RICHARD
It has to be him. It makes perfect sense.
Just then, DANIEL O’MALLEY and SARA walk out the door.
DANIEL
No clues in there. I’ve gotta go. See ya later.
DANIEL leaves with RICHARD glaring at DANIEL.
RICHARD
Do you know his address? We need to search for my dad.
CODY
We have no solid evidence. No witnesses, no written confessions, nothing.
RICHARD
We have this! That gives us the right to search his house.
CODY
I need to obtain a search warrant before we can do anything.
RICHARD
How long would that take?
CODY
Could be anywhere from a few hours to a week.
RICHARD
We have to do something!
CODY
We are doing something. I’ll talk to Daniel tomorrow. But, we still don’t know it was him. ( after a pause where CODY stares at RICHARD, who’s glaring at him. CODY writes something on a piece of paper). Here’s my phone number. If you find anything, call me.
RICHARD BRUNO runs away in a huff.

INT. DANIEL O’MALLEY’S HOUSE- NIGHT
RICHARD BRUNO runs up to a house. He opens a back door. Then, he creeps in downstairs to the basement, where he hears voices. He creaks open the door and listens.
PERSON
We need this cipher, Anthony.
ANTHONY
I know. I know. I think I’ve got it. But it makes no sense!
PERSON snatches the paper from ANTHONY. PERSON looks at it, and then he smiles. PERSON then walks away without another word.
RICHARD BRUNO hides as PERSON comes. RICHARD BRUNO gasps because he sees DANIEL O’MALLEY.
RICHARD BRUNO( whispering)
I was right...
DANIEL hears this and looks around.
DANIEL
What was that?
As DANIEL says this, SUSAN bangs her head against the top of the table that she’s hiding under.
DANIEL searches under the table to find SUSAN.
DANIEL
Well, well, well. Look what we have here. What’re you doing here?
SUSAN
I’m saving my husband!
DANIEL
Yeah, great job with that.
SUSAN
You’ll never get away with this. Someone will stop you.
DANIEL
Don’t say that. This isn’t some cheesy movie or tv show.
SUSAN
The good guy always wins.
DANIEL
I guess it’s time to end that streak, now isn’t it?
SUSAN
Where are you taking me?
DANIEL
I don’t think you’re in the position to be asking questions.
SUSAN slaps DANIEL and knocks the cipher out of his hand. RICHARD gets a good look at it. Then DANIEL picks up the cipher.
DANIEL
I don’t have time for this. We’re out of here.
hen, SUSAN tries to escape but DANIEL holds her back.
DANIEL
Oh, you are not going anywhere.
DANIEL and SUSAN leave. Then RICHARD comes out of his hiding spot. He runs downstairs and frees his father.
RICHARD
Dad!
ANTHONY turns over and moans.
RICHARD
Dad. It’s me. Your son!
ANTHONY moans again. We see a look of pure anger on RICHARD’S face. He then gets out his phone and calls the police.
RICHARD
Mr. Negri? Come to Mr. O’Malley’s house. Immediately.
RICHARD( after a pause)
Because I’ve found my father.
EXT. DANIEL O’MALLEY’S YARD- NIGHT
CODY drives up in a grey Toyota. He gets out and begins to talk to RICHARD, who’s standing in the front yard with ANTHONY lying beside him, shivering and moaning.
RICHARD
Believe me now?
CODY
Where’d he go?
RICHARD
They.
CODY
What?
RICHARD
It’s Mr. O’Malley and his daughter, Sara. Not just him.
CODY
Are you sure?
RICHARD
They kept talking about it. Apparently they’ve got some money stashed there.
CODY
So they must be bank robbers. They must have robbed the Wellesley Bank!
RICHARD
That’s all great, but we’ve got to go if we want to catch up with them! They’ve got my mom!
CODY looks surprised, but then nods and RICHARD and CODY leave, dragging ANTHONY with them.
EXT. WELLESLEY FARMS TRAIN STATION- NIGHT
RICHARD and CODY are walking up to a shed when a car races by them at top speed. RICHARD sees SUSAN looking out the window. She mouths “ Back to the house” at him. Then the car goes away.
RICHARD
They’re going back to the house! My mom just told me!
CODY
How?
RICHARD
There’s no time for this! Let’s go!
INT. DANIEL O’MALLEY’S HOUSE- NIGHT
RICHARD and CODY sprint up to the doorway of DANIEL O’MALLEY’S house. They open the door and run in to find DANIEL throwing some papers in the fire. CODY takes out his gun.
CODY
Put your hands in the air!
DANIEL puts his hands in the air, but as he does so, DANIEL tries to kick CODY, trying to knock the gun out of his hands. RICHARD blocks it.
CODY
You are under arrest for robbery and kidnapping. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be held against you in the court of law.
CODY handcuffs DANIEL.
CODY
I thought you were better than this Daniel. I really did.
CODY is about to lead DANIEL away when…
RICHARD
Wait! Where’s my mom?
DANIEL
I’ll never tell.
Suddenly we hear a scream from the next room. SUSAN is tied up with a handkerchief around her neck. We realize she must have slipped it off.
SUSAN
Richard! Help!
RICHARD runs into the next room and frees his mom. Then they hug.
SUSAN
Where’s Anthony?
RICHARD
He’s okay. He’s waiting in the car. A little shaken though.
SUSAN sighs with relief.
INT. CODY’S CAR- DAY
CODY is driving DANIEL and SARA inside his grey Toyota. We assume he is taking him to jail.
DANIEL
Where’s your police car?
CODY
I was off duty when Richard called. I didn’t think it was necessary.
DANIEL nods and laughs.
CODY
So where’s the cash?
DANIEL
We stashed it in a warehouse outside Wellesley.
CODY
We gotta hurry then. Soon they’ll figure out I’m not a real cop.
As DANIEL and SARA laugh, CODY picks up speed on the car. Then we cut to black.








© Copyright 2019 Kyle Levine (cooper173 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2187768-Trail