*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2188267-Illusion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Animal · #2188267
Following a girl named Ella, we try and unravel the mysteries of her family and others.
All of us, humans, animals, even things from other dimensions, we all are an illusion. Murder, ugliness, destruction, or life, beauty, creation, it’s all one in the same. Humans destroy and create, bringing themselves into their own dooms. Animals, live naturally, peacefully in their own way, under control of people. Other beings, hide, stay away from such destruction. None of it matters in the end, they’ll all be brought to an end. Whether you become a God or Goddess, it does not matter the fact that we have power is an illusion, the ones in control have power, greater than any creature. After writing this, my books, children, family, all traces left of me will be destroyed. The things in control, look as a human or animal, but they have powers of the world, completely natural. Never have they turned their backs to nature and they were right not to. Nature has always had the best ways of life, now humans have fallen from the top of the chains, we are in grave danger. The leader of the group is not kind or generous, it takes what it wants when it wants, try and stay away from it. You must go against civilization, you can not out strengthen them so out smart them. If anyone may find this, spread the word start a rebellion, in no way is it okay to live like this.

“Hey Mary did you see what's on the front page? They’re saying we must live in the wild like savages!” A western man sits in a floral pattern chair, his scraggly beard shoved in a news paper.
“Yes Hon-” a sweet bell voice tries speaking, but is cut off.
“Mary, are you good?” The man puts his paper down because he hears some sort of destress in the kitchen. He stands up and walks over to the entrance of the dining room.
“Yesss Ssshe isss!” a human like snake appears on the ceiling and swings down into the mans face.
“Ahhhhh!” The last sound was ever heard from him.
Many of these occurrences with different beings occur, forcing the humans to die or go into hiding. The population of humans went down by 78% now only 5% are complete humans and 17% have mixed their DNA with that of animals so they can blend in.
It is rare finding humans, when someone like me finds one I keep it close for its short life span. Females have a lifespan of 45-57 years old and males have 28-42 years of life, so women are often found in power. Males are treated very well though. I’m a creature who is called in control, i’m the new leader of the 6 elemental clans. I mean no harm unlike my deceased father, I think humans are quite interesting. As the first female leader of the clans i’m strongly judged, but i’m the only descendant of my father. The long strand of leaders are originally what humans call, I believe it is dragons. Now we have evolved into a more human shape, but we still look as our original forms and we still have their skills.

As it seems I am the last dragon with no one to breed with, my people begin to worry. When all dragons die there will be no rules and no leadership to keep people together. My father has left me clues of a male dragon, who lives with the humans. It is my job to find him and continue on the life of the dragons. I have been known as the most beautiful dragon in history, they call me Ella because my father had no time to name me. Black as the night sky is my hair, green as the great forest are my eyes, that’s what most people say.The average lifespan of the clans people is 780-1289 years old, but a dragons lifespan is 7000-10000 years old. It depends on how much power you inherit from your parents.
“Leader! The humans are attacking our southern border!”
“What?!” I jump up from my desk, “we need to think quickly and carefully!”
“Should we send all of our troops there?”He asked ready to take out my command.
“Don’t be ridiculous. Humans are very sneaky if we lower our defenses elsewhere we’ll have multiple weak spots!” I shout
“Then what do we do?”he asked confused
“Bring me Kinkly!”I wasn’t going to risk people like father did!
“Are you sure?”He asked about to leave,
“Don’t question me! She is a Phoenix born to fight!”Kinkly the best fighter and my best friend, she is the absolute last of her kind, but she absorbed all of her parents power so she will out live me by far. Her life span is around 200000-400000 years at least.
“Yes My Lady!”he rushes out
“Foolish humans! Just what are you trying to do?”I speak with frustration, they have hardly any people. Are they trying to go extinct?
“Madam, i’m here!” Kinkly rushes in, her dark brown hair flowing over her shoulders that connect to her auburn wings. She’s dressed in a atum long flowing dress.
“I need you to take me to the southern border, me and you make a good team. Harm as little human as possible!” She nods, and we both rush to my balcony. We spread our wings and take off, I need her to take me there because i’ve never left my castle, I don’t know where to go.
“We need to be prepared for arrows!” She shouts back to me.
“I know!” I shout back. Slowly the southern border comes into view. Red, the only color that was clear to me, blood. Both clans people and humans lay on the soft earth, life draining from their eyes. Shouts of pain, children in agony, women left widows. “This needs to stop!” Tears run down my face, tears color of blood. We touch down, causing a puff of smoke to surround everyone. They stop what they’re doing and stare at us.
“Humans! Why cause such pain? We’ve left you alone to strive! My father died, I took over I mean no harm! But when you kill children, woman, fathers and husbands, with such cruel and unhonorable ways...It makes me feel stupid for trying to keep you alive!” Everyone looks at me with shock, guilt, remorse, and hunger for blood.
“The last Dragon! When we kill you we will have complete control!” A man in the distance shouts holding up a harpoon. The humans begin to charge at me, what an easy way to find the male dragon! If i use my ability and temporarily paralyze them, the one unaffected will be a Dragon! Focusing my vision widely, making sure to get every human in my sight and I activate my power. All clans people and humans froze where they stood, except for one little girl. She had long brown hair and was chasing a butterfly. “Little girl? But…” She hears my voice and turns to me smiling and giggling.
“Sister!” She runs up to me and hugs me tightly, sister? She smelled familiar, and her size looks too large to be a human girl. She was definitely a dragon, but my sister, i’m not sure.
“Hello, what’s your name?” I ask looking down at her. I need to know some basics about her.
“Oh, I’m number 2.” She said getting sad, number 2? Why a number? I remember in father's writing he talked of a folks tale, one about the three lost siblings. Each one held great power, so together they’d be unstoppable. So the humans kidnapped two and separated them all. That’s not possible, there’s only me and her, right? Still, in the tale they were triplets, she looks too young to be 120 years old.
“Okay, 2, i’m Ella, leader of the Six Elemetal Clans! How old are you?” I say proudly while smiling,
“So i’m a princess?” She asks excitedly. In a way yes she is, but it’s weird, it’s like her dragon hasn’t been awakened.
“Yes, a dragon princess!” It’s better not to make her worry about standing out.
“Why will I stand out?” She asked me, I jump with surprisement. How did she know what I was thinking of? “Don’t worry, i do this all the time, please don’t punish me!” She says suddenly terrified. I get angry, why would she think i’d punish her for using her beautiful power without any help, i’m amazed! She hasn’t told me her age yet.
“I won’t punish my sister! You silly little goose! Now how old are you?” I boop her nose and laugh, she giggles. I now notice how cute she is, but her clothes are dirty and her hair messy. She has blood red eyes like mom and hair like dad. With her is a teddy bear with a missing arm, and it’s head sewn back on.
“Yay! I don’t know how old I am, i remember when i was young being thrown into a dark room and today is the first day i’ve been let out.” She does a little dance before returning back to my side. She doesn’t even care what happened she’s just glad to be out.
“Take all the humans to the dungeon of roses!” It’s actually a very luxurious place to be compared to where they’ve been living. I need to get 2 back to my castle for more questions.
“Yes Madam!” Some guards rush to start grabbing them, most of the clans people are two or three times the size of humans. I’m about four times their size. I look back at number 2, she needs a new name, she’s a little smaller than a adult human. The clans people begin to unfreeze and run to the lifeless bodies overlapping one another. Some can be saved, but not as many as I would like.
“Ella? Where’s the other dragons?” Though her grammar is not perfect she is rather smart to be living with humans.
“Oh, they’ve drifted to sleep.” she looks at me sadly,
“So I still have no mother or father?” Memories of mom and come crashing at me. Mom with a arrow shot at her legs so she couldn’t walk any more. Humans beating her senseless, she looked at me and a single tear rolled down her face. After what seemed like millions of years, to men pulled her up by her arms, a third man lifted her head up by her hair, and the fourth took a blood drenched sword and cut through Mom's neck like butter. Dad running over killing every human in sight, I didn’t even get to say goodbye.
“No, but i’ll be like your mother and we’ll find you a father…” She smiles, i’m glad she didn’t use her power then she would have been mortified.
“No, i’d rather have a brother and sister!” She holds on to my hand and we slowly begin our way to the castle. Stepping on puddles of blood and gore, watching the clans people clean up the bodies. I freeze realizing that this is not the 5% of the total human population, they held back! It was a warning attack, but why would they let a dragon free? Maybe it’s not safe to be with 2 yet, I should section her off just in case. There’s something just not right here. The human have far stronger soldiers than these little sticks. I must get every clans person ready for a war.
“Sister, why do you think such things?” Little 2 asks me with an annoyed but calm tone. I completely forgot she can do that!
“I don’t know if you are dangerous or what the humans did to you. Once your dragon is completely awakened your memories will come back, so let’s just focus on that.” She sighs at my answer.
“Ella, I don’t plan to ever hurt you. If it’s better to keep me hidden just say so…” 2 says like an adult.
“I will go live with you in a place where once you enter you can’t exit until you’re a full dragon.” I think for a moment about what I just said, it’ll be like I have a family again!
“We have always been family just far apart. We have been going to where the other one was, but always missing them. There is still one more who are chasing, we have not met him, but he has met us.” I swear this little girl is not as little as I think! What she says sticks with me, he has met us, who is he?
“Is he a brother?” I ask because it seems she know much more than me.
“Bad brother he would be! Brothers don’t like sisters how he likes you!” My heart jumps in horror, a dragon not related to me or 2? But there’s just one family of dragons, that’s why they’re the leaders.
“Wait, how do you know him?” If she said we have not met him, how does she know so much about him?
“He puts his thoughts in my head, to make me obey him.” She says calmly and happily, then she skips ahead of me leaving me to wonder what she means. Obey him, who does he think he is? Why have I never heard of him, the dragon father talked about was related to us. Who is he?
“2, don’t go so far!” I look up ahead and she’s just gone. Running over to where last saw as quick as I can. “2! Where are you!?” The great forest looks full of nightmares today, not as happy as I see it usually. I hear close and somehow distant laughs and giggles, of at least two people one a girl, but the other was hard to tell. They cackled and I felt like I was shrinking or the forest was growing. I began to hear a painfully loud shrieking, I moved my hands up to my ears covering them, trying to block the sound out. I scream as warm liquid roles down my arms. I squeeze my hands tightly over my ears. Tears stream down my face. I open my eyes enough to see a blurry figure. The world around me started to blur and race up as I crashed to the ground.
© Copyright 2019 CrimsonSky (spikey4blondy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2188267-Illusion