*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189304-Eye-Contact
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2189304
Story based on a writing prompt
I've seen them at the same coffee shop as me for months now. I want to talk to them, they're so pretty, and I love the way they look and act. I try to walk up to them and talk, but nothing ever comes out of my mouth. I can't even look them in the eye usually. Until today. I was sitting at my usual table in the corner of the shop when they turn around after ordering and they catch me staring. And they stare back for only a few seconds, but then quickly look away and walk to a table in the very front of the shop. I can feel my face flush and I start shaking so hard I almost spill my hot tea all over me. I finally calm down and I finally walk over to them. before I can get a single word out, they cut me off.

"Hey, I've been seeing you for a few months now, and I have this huge crush on you but I've been too scared to talk to you. Can I have your number?"
"I- um, uh... yeah!"
I'm so startled I tried to pull my phone out and I dropped it twice on the ground before I could unlock it. I give him my phone for him to add his number to mine and he hands me his. I eventually sit down with him and we get to talking. I learn he lives a block away from me, has a cat and has an unhealthy obsession with houseplants. He loves everything happy and pastel and beautiful. He's like a polar opposite of me and it still feels like he's the one for me. I can't even begin to fathom how important this conversation with him would be in the future.

We just got married yesterday. Go talk to your crush, you never know what happens.
© Copyright 2019 JaeBaby2005 (jaebaby2005 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189304-Eye-Contact