*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190492-The-Paint-Factory-Exploded
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2190492
Andy figures how to get the key.
“Uhhh, Hello? Mr. Gentry?”

“Yes, Megan, is everything alright? What’s up?”

“Uhh, I think you’d better come home. Andy’s locked himself into Mrs. Gentry’s office and I can’t get the door open. I’m sorry, we were watching TV and he said he had to pe— go to the bathroom, and when he didn’t come back I found he'd locked himself in and wouldn’t open the door.”

“You know where the spare key is.”

“I think he does too because it wasn’t there. He opened all the dresser drawers and climbed up.”

“Okay, Megan, Lauren’s right here, we’ll be there in 5 minutes.”

“Tell me, David, what’s happened? Is Andy Okay? A fire? An accident—“

“Andy’s locked himself in your office. Didn’t you lock the door?”

“Yes, I did.”

“Well, he’s figured out how to get the key. Let’s go, waiter? The check.”

“At least we’re finished.”

****
“Hi, Megan. Don’t cry, it’ll be okay.”

“Andy? Andy, open this door THIS INSTANT!”

“Yelling won’t help, he’ll just hide in a corner. I’ll get some tools and take the lock out.”

“Hurry.”

“Yes dear.”

“Don’t ‘Yes Dear’ me! Get it open!”

“Yes d—, they’re right here. Now— there the knobs off, now to push this out—there.”

“Andy! Andy! Oh my god!”

“What! — whoa, that’s quite a piece of work buddy.

“For Christ’s sake, David, how can you be so blasé! My god, it’s worse than I thought!”

“He looks like a paint factory exploded in his face.”

“They were the permanent markers.”

“I told you you should use a locked drawer.”

“I DO NOT need to be reminded of that right now!”

“Yes de— right, well any ideas?

“I’m sorry, daddy.”

“It’s okay, buddy, don’t cry.”

“It IS NOT okay, the party is tomorrow.”

“Calm down.”

“DO NOT tell me to calm—“
© Copyright 2019 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2190492-The-Paint-Factory-Exploded