*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2191528-Cutting-hair
Rated: E · Article · Biographical · #2191528
My adventure with a client
I await the hair cut of a lifetime. It is not my own. I never have liked getting my own hair cut. The person I am with has an intellectual disability. Make no mistake, he knows his passion and makes his feeling known. The prom is this Friday and he wants to look good for his babe. He picked a picture out of a hair styling book. It is fun to see him in such a State of wonder. I am wondering as I watch. Maybe getting a haircut is not as bad as I thought.

I have been working with intellectually disabled adults for three years. It is revelatory. I see the spirit of God at work in the sense of wonder I see in an ongoing basis. It has been rainy of late and their was a cartoon of a person looking at a jungle of grass he can not wait to cut. That is the way I look at this simple act of watching another man get his hair cut. Hey maybe I could capture some of his spirit and see the barber cutting through my own jungle of hairy angst to create a masterpiece. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
© Copyright 2019 drifter (peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2191528-Cutting-hair