*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2191926-The-tortured-soul
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #2191926
Written for the “Fill in the blanks” story challenge by Bubblegum Jones.
Once upon a time there was a mighty demon. Everyday, the demon tortured a different soul in the depths of the chasm that he called home. One day, a new soul arrived who was ripped apart, its light was dim unlike the other souls he received. The demon asked the soul how it became this way, it was evident the soul was already tortured. The soul spoke with a flicker of its light, “Self hatred has eaten me inside, doubt has sucked out my light. Don’t hold back on your torture, demon, it will be welcomed”. The demon was taken aback, he was challenged. Because of that, he thought of how he could torture this poor soul. Day in, day out he was designing different forms of torture in his mind and giving up on them. He stopped torturing other souls too. This one soul had become all he could think about. Until finally, the demon could not take it anymore. This had become a torture to him. He went to the soul, reached into the depths of its being and crushed the light within it. The soul evaporated in a slight sigh. The demon stretched out his wings and flew out of the chasm, never to return again.
© Copyright 2019 Gregowich (gregowich at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2191926-The-tortured-soul