*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2193848-Clebb-Away
Rated: GC · Short Story · Dark · #2193848
A juvenile account of fear. Originally written in 2014.
“God damn, can’t you see what I was talking about?”

“Honestly Clebb, I have no fucking idea what you’re on about. Beccy looks the exact same as she always has.”

“I think you goin’ blind Nate, that arse is fucking amazing. Give me ten minutes alone with it and I could show ya a thing or two.”

“If you got ten minutes alone with Beccy Cooter, only thing you’d be showin’ off is a pair a’ black eyes!”

“She’s into me ya know.”

“Bullshit Clebb, you’re such a fucking liar sometimes.”

“Whatta ya sayin’?”

“I’m sayin’ that you ain’t got a hogs hope in hell a’ gettin’ with Beccy Cooter.”

“I think you’re forgettin, I got with Mary-Beth last week. Even got a little boob action.”

“You did not!”

“Did too! Wan’ me ta prove it to ya?”

“How you gonna prove it to me?”

“If ya don’t believe me, just go ask her then.”

“Maybe I will then.”

“Go ahead, I’ll wait here for ya.”

Clebb never got with Mary-Beth, Nate thought as he walked to verify his friend’s incredulous claim.
Nate had known Clebb for almost three years now and in all that time of being best friends, Nate had never even seen Clebb talk to a girl outside of his own family. That fuckin Liar!

Nate saw the usual group of airheaded bimbos that Mary-Beth hung out with but oddly enough, Mary-Beth wasn’t among them. It’s not like Mary-Beth to miss school.

“What do you want dweeb?”

It was Sarah-Jo, queen-bitch of the Eighth Grade.

“I just wanna talk ta Mary-Beth, have ya seen her around?”

“Who?”

“Y’know Mary-Beth; you’re best friend?”

Is this a game or is she really that dumb?

“I have no idea who you’re talking about dingus, you’re gonna have to be a tad more pacific.”

“That’s specific, Einstein. Did you’s have a fight or something? Is that what this is about?”

Sarah-Jo appeared extremely puzzled and slowly turned back to talk to her group of incredibly attractive (and dim-witted) friends.

What’s going on? Nate thought as he walked back to see if Clebb had any idea what Sarah-Jo was on about. Mary-Beth and Sarah-Jo are inseparable, always have been. Why would Sarah-Jo lie like this?
Nate rounded the corner to where Clebb was standing before and saw Clebb passed out on the concrete floor. His head was bleeding profusely.

Nate couldn’t move, he was completely paralysed with fear. His silent screams did nothing but make his fear escalate. Nate’s imagination ran wild. What happened to Clebb? Who did this? Did this have anything to do with why Sarah-Jo was acting so weird?
Nate felt a sharp pain surge through the back of his head and fell down.

“Situation controlled, resume standard erasure protocol kerrshh. I repeat resume standard erasure protocol kerrshh Over and out kerrsh-bloop.”

The stranger’s words filled Nate’s young mind with even more questions. It all became too much, Nate passed out.

When Nate came too he was sitting in a chair in an empty and excessively bright white room. After looking around for a few minutes, he remembered the events that had come before his awakening. The room was empty save for one lone wooden chair in the middle of the vast timber floor; the four walls were the cleanest and whitest shade of white he had ever seen. It almost hurt to look directly at them. It took him a moment to realise that the room didn’t have any windows or doors. In fact it didn’t seem to have any opening whatsoever. How did I even get in here? Maybe I should try asking someone!

“HELLO! IS ANYBODY THERE?! CAN SOMEONE LET ME OUT OF HERE NOW?! PLEASE?!”

"Close your eyes, Nate. That a boy, just close your eyes."
© Copyright 2019 Laurie Razor (laurie-razor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2193848-Clebb-Away