*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196693-Pips-Morning
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2196693
Flash Fiction
Pip’s Morning

Pip heard the front door shut. Mom had left. He lay there deciding what to do.

First, he had to check the food dish. Normally after he ate, the dish didn’t fill up again until much later. But it was worth checking, just in case.

Jumping off the bed he landed on a shoe. He batted it around a little and then carried it over and dropped it in the waste basket. Mom had piles of shoes, she wouldn’t miss one. Off he went.

In the kitchen, he checked his food dish. Still empty. Well, he thought, he’d check it again later, just in case. He looked around.

Suddenly he saw a flash, something flew right by! It was little and fluffy, it must have gotten in through the hole in the screen. Mom was angry about that, but it wasn’t really Pip’s fault. That screen grabbed his claw and wouldn’t let go! This fluffy thing must have sneaked through the hole.

Practically flying, he bolted after it! It darted, but Pip was fast! Clumsier however. He knocked over a bunch of stuff, especially when he jumped up on the brick fireplace. He knocked off the clock, a vase, and a bunch of papers.

The crash and breaking glass was so loud that Pip forgot about the fluffy thing. Suddenly, he felt tired from all his activity, time for a nap.

Pip woke to yelling when Mom got home! Something must have happened! He ran out to see, but it looked just the way he’d left it. And, ooh! There was that fluffy thing again! Pip immediately chased after it, knowing Mom would be happier if he caught it. As he turned the corner he heard Mom yell, “Pip!”

See, he thought to himself, she was happier already!
© Copyright 2019 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2196693-Pips-Morning