*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197529-Forever-Mine
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #2197529
A true story about how one gory day changed my whole course of life, for better or worse
          I'll never forget coming home on that cool fall day, I still remember the sound of my friends tires pulling in the drive as the gravel was crunching under his tires. As I got out of the pick up truck, something seemed off, especially so, after I went to the door and it was locked, as were the other 3. Still, thinking as positively as I could, I told myself, maybe they went for a walk or someone had picked them up. I say that because we owned many cars, 6 to be exact and every single one of them was parked in the drive. I tried to peep through my mothers window through the wrap around porch, but wasn't able to quite see anything through the blinds. I still had positive thoughts in my mind, until, I saw a car pull in the drive, my heart sank, as I felt a huge lump forming in my throat. It was my younger brother and sister, the principal of their elementary school rolled down her window and informed me that no one had come to pick them up from school, so she kindly dropped them both off. By this time I had called both of there phones dozens of times and no answers, so I decided to call my grandmother to come to our aid because clearly something was going on, and I was not about to find out what alone.

          My grandmother answered and agreed to come out to see what was going on immediately, I assured my siblings everything was okay, as they were, 6 and 11 tender years of age, myself only being 15. As we waited I decided to do some investigating to see if something in our vehicles could give me some type of clues. I first opened our maroon red Cadillacs door, and low and behold on the front passenger seat lie all the keys to everything we owned, cars, house, garage, everything. Something deep down inside me, said leave the keys there, pretend you never even seen them, and thats exactly what I did. When my grandmother finally arrived she asked me if I had found a way inside, and shrugged it off with a simple 'no, ma'am' and told her we should look in the cars to see if we could find something, my close cousin Bree tagged along with my grandmother as well, so we all 3 picked cars to look in, as Bree was the one to find the set of keys, I acted oblivious as well as surprised to them being there.

          My grandmother decided it was best that she unlock the door and go in first just because we all could feel something odd was going on, so one by one in a line we opened the front door. Bree with a flag pole in hand, assuming there may be an intruder, as I followed, scared and helpless behind. My grandma made her way to the master bedroom, which was my mother and step dads, she shrieked so loud and faint I can still hear her voice ringing in my head 'THEY'RE DEAD, THEY'RE DEAD!' she continued on screaming those same words what seemed like eternity. My mind started racing, was I in a horrible nightmare unable to wake up? This had to be a sick dream, I couldn't believe it, I wouldn't believe it. We all ran out of the house, my grandmother still screaming loudly, so loudly that our neighbors appeared in the distance, asking 'what's going on ma'am, what are you saying?' as my grandmother was completely hysterical.

          My poor siblings sitting on the porch so confused and so terrified. The only question that was in my mind was 'where is Jade?' Jade was my older sister, more of a best friend that just so happened to be my sister. She was in a relationship with her girlfriend, Lauren, where she usually always went in the morning, after dropping us off school. But this morning was different, she stayed home and slept in and my step dad took us to school which was out of the ordinary. On this day, one of the only days, she stayed home.

          Within minutes, my entire world had been ripped away from me. Why? How? My mind could not comprehend much less wrap around what was happening to me. My mother and sister had been murdered. But by who? Well, thats complicated and still much of a mystery. My mother and sister had been shot multiple times and murdered, and my step dad was shot once, may I add with a pillow under his head. That is an important piece of information, that still doesn't make since. The county closed the case quickly, they framed my step father as the murderer, they called it a double murder homicide, now, this is just the beginning, I'm now gonna fill you in on who we were as a family, and what I think happened that October day in this tiny town in South Carolina, and how evil and corrupt a town can be, and how I know that this whole case was a cover up. How small towns can have so many corrupt people that work together and commit crimes and possibly even help murder innocent humans.

          My mother was a good woman, great mother, educated with her Bachelors degree in Archeology, she was the full package, her and my father divorced when I was 10. I continued living with my mother and her new boyfriend and soon had a baby sister from him. I was born and raised in Tallahassee, Florida, until the age of 12 when my mother packed us up and moved to North Augusta, SC. A huge change from the big city I was accustomed to. It was a nice town, average size, not to large not too small, I really enjoyed this town. My mother at this time had changed some, she was a little different, she was never happy with where we lived, at this time she had left my little sisters father as well. We moved so much I went to a total of 5 middle schools in a span of 3 years, I finally ended up at my final middle school JET, which was located in a tiny town called Edgefield, SC. My mom had met a man that worked for a local chemical plant SRS, lets just say he had some money, him and my mother purchased a gorgeous 1900th century home, it had a picket fence in the front yard, it was a white two story home with a wrap around porch.
© Copyright 2019 Joree Webb (jwebb0918 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2197529-Forever-Mine