*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198858-Size-Was-A-Problem
by Paul
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Family · #2198858
Mom didn’t like it!
“Get off the couch!”

“But, mom!”

“No buts, off the couch. Your shoes, off, and take that dirty blanket with you. I just spent $1,800 getting it reupholstered. Get off now!”

“Mom, I—“

“Now, Greg, we can talk about it later.”

“Yes, mom, I’m off. Where am I supposed to play Minecraft?”

“In your room.”

“But, mom, the screen on my TV’s too small. It’s not like this one.”

“Your dad just HAD to have that monstrosity. It takes up the whole wall!”

“Yeah, it’s beautiful, it’s 88 inches, mom.”

“I don’t care, I don’t like it. I’m going to make him move it into his den and get a smaller one for in here.”

“WHAT! You can’t do that. He’ll never let me play in there. It’s for the family, mom.”

“Well, this family member doesn’t like it.”

“But, mom, the size of it makes the game better.”

“Size does not matter . . . damn . . . get used to the smaller one. Now, out, and change your clothes, my god what were you doing?”

“Just playing games, mom.”

“Games? What games, lets just get filthy? That’s on my new sofa now too.”

“No, mom, just stuff, like we always do.”

“If you’ve stained it I’ll sell everything you own to pay for it.”

“You CANT!”

“Yes I can. I’m tired of talking, in your room!”

“Yes, mom . . . Shelly said size does matter.”

“What? When did your sister tell you that?”

“When dad installed the TV.”

“She may be your big sister, but . . . I’ll have to have a talk with her.”

“But, why? She plays it with me and likes the big TV.”

“But, she’s 20!”

“Dad plays too.”

“What? Your father plays some silly child’s game? Okay, you two can enjoy it in the den.”

“But, mom—!”

“No buts, now!”

“Yes, mom.”
© Copyright 2019 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198858-Size-Was-A-Problem