*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198925-Chosen-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #2198925
Just another tale about a chosen one who is given a chosen task to chosen do.
Chosen One!

It was break time at Sabina Spelrein High school. A beautiful blue sky, fully devoid of clouds, invited the students to the school’s courtyard to bathe in sunlight. Each one was unwinding in their own way, be it by reading a book, talking to classmates, snacking or enjoying a brief romance.

Indifferent to all of this, two third year students, one a dark-skinned girl with voluminous curly hair, the other a tanned boy with short hair and stubble beard, watched from a park bench the other students while chatting.

- You’ve been vanishing a lot lately – the girl accused – I can’t find you anywhere after class.

- Tell me about it – he complained – I think I’m doing too much stuff. Can barely focus on class.

- No way you’re not focusing! You are the class’ best in almost everything! When did you got so good at math?

- Ah, when you realize that two plus two is four, everything else is piece of cake!

- Yeah, right – the girl started poking the boy’s arm – whatever you’re doing, it’s working well. You’re getting ripped, getting hot!

- Whoa, whoa, that’s harassment, you know? - he said jokingly – that’s a crime, that’s evil! You’re not going to heaven!

- Yeah, joke around – she said in a more serious tone - But I find this all too strange.

The boy faced the ground, somewhat frustrated.

- Not that I’m unhappy for your success, but sometimes I think...

-... So... - he sudden pause confused him – You think what?

He turned to face the girl, who still didn’t answer. In fact, she wasn’t just silent, she was totally still. Actually, she didn’t breathe or blinked, like if frozen in time.

Indeed, looking at his surroundings, everything else was frozen in time. Objects, people, animals, all immobile and silent.

All, except a strange light that came from above. Caught off-guard by the intense shine, the boy tried to cover the celestial light with his hands to see it’s source. Little by little, his eyes adapted to the shine, and he saw something he never did before.

From the sky, descended a giant man with an old, yet powerful physique, a blue skin, and hair and beard that looked more like white clouds. His purple clothes seemed like the ones the ancient philosophers used to wear. His voice was like a powerful thunder.

- Mustafa Kevedo! Do not fear! I stopped time to tell you something of extreme importance! In ancient times, legendary heroes walked the Earth! Achilles! Perseus! Atalanta! Heracles! And so many others who inspire humanity to this day! However, one hero was forgotten by history, a dangerous being possessed by chaos and thirst for power: Gavriil! Always seeking for more power, Gavriil made a pact with beings born from the void and madness, turning himself in a destruction crusader! The great heroes of the past managed to imprison him separating his arms, legs and head from his torso, sealing each part in places hidden and far from each other! However, Gavriil’s head escaped from it’s ancestral prison, and he won’t stop until he’s whole again! We, The Voices of Reason, chose you to be reality’s champion and stop this evil again!

The boy sighed and scratched his head, deeply frustrated. He then took a small notebook and a pen from his pocket.

- All right – the boy said – I’ll see if I can fit you in my schedule.

- What? Schedule? - the confused entity asked.

- Schedule is a thing humans use to organize themselves better. This one here has days, weeks and months marked on it so that...

- I know what a schedule is!

- Thank heavens! When the stone-elfs came to tell me that I was the chosen one of their prophecy, they got very confused with the concept of “schedule”. Can you believe I had to explain the concept of “time” to them?

- You are... the chosen one of a prophecy?

- Of six, actually.

- Six Prophecies mention you at the same time!?

- Actually, I’m chosen by three prophecies, by two groups who though I was the best choice, and one that... Well, it’s a long story, involving an albino stag with golden antlers, a letter addressed to “the one who smile with tears” and a guild of...

- I am very confused.

- You are confused? What about me, who will have to add a seventh item on the list! The most annoying ones to organize are my travels to the world of Erias. There the day lasts 30 hours, and every hour there is seventeen minutes here. So I’ll have to make a bunch of calculations again.

- Listen, Mustafa, considering that you are already busy with other situations, I believe it would be better to choose another... Chosen one.

- Really? I’ll appreciate it deeply!

- What about your friend there? She seems to have a strong warrior spirit.

- Bellatriz, you mean? hum... Yeah, she does athleticism, practice fencing, is a quick thinker... I think it would work.

- You don’t mind?

- Sure, I worry that she may get hurt and all, but it might be a good experience for her. Just let me put those in my pocket and get in position and then you stop time for me. I’m kinda keeping this whole situation in secret, you know how it is. Don’t want her to get suspicious and all.

- Very well, so it shall be!

The mighty being, with one gesture, froze the boy in time, and with another, remove the girl from her stasis.

-... That you are hiding something from me. - she said, looking at the boy. However, he did not answer. In fact, he wasn’t just silent, he was totally still. Actually, he didn’t breathe or blinked, like if frozen in time.

- Bellatriz Noronha! Do not fear! I stopped time to tell you something of extreme importance! In ancient times, legendary heroes walked the Earth! Achilles! Perseus! Atalanta! Heracles! And so many others who inspire humanity to this day! However, one hero was forgotten by history, a dangerous being possessed by chaos and thirst for power: Gavriil! Always seeking for more power, Gavriil made a pact with beings born from the void and madness, turning himself in a destruction crusader! The great heroes of the past managed to imprison him separating his arms, legs and head from his torso, sealing each part in places hidden and far from each other! However, Gavriil’s head escaped from it’s ancestral prison, and he won’t stop until he’s whole again! We, The Voices of Reason, chose you to be reality’s champion and stop this evil again!

- Always when we’re unprepared – she exclaimed frustrated – I’ll go to my class get my scheduler.

- Again!?

- Huh? What do you mean “again”?

-... Never mind. Go get your scheduler, I will wait.
© Copyright 2019 VTR-Writer (vtr-writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2198925-Chosen-One