*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2199008-The-Nightmare-the-extended-version
Rated: 13+ · Other · Death · #2199008
A girl is trapped watching her father die in front of her, and can do nothing about it.
She's laying on her bed watching TV, just about to fall asleep, when she thinks she hears a motorcycle down the rode. A couple minutes go by and now there are multiple motorcycles she hears. She hears them turn into her neighborhood and take off. They don't turn to go to her house, and continue on the main street. She all of a sudden hears one of the bikes hit their breaks and their tires screeching to a stop. Her father and sep mom went out that night on their motorcycles, so she began to worry. The sound of the other motorcycles didn't stop, but kept going.

She threw on some clothes and ran towards the front door forgetting about her shoes in the midst. She threw the door open and began running in the direction of the crash she heard. She ran down a short rode then took a right onto the main street. As she turned the corner she thought she could see a yard with flashing lights in it. As she got closer she saw a mailbox in pieces and trash all over a lawn. She looked ahead to see her father's motorcycle halfway onto a driveway and a yard. But where was her day? She looked to her right and saw a person laying in the grass.

She ran to help the person, but as soon as she got to them her heart dropped into her stomach.The person was her father. She tried to move but couldn't. She tried to call for help, but nothing came out. The only thing she could do was stare at her dying father's face being covered in blood by the gash in his head. She felt herself standing up and tried to stop herself, but all she could do was watch herself
walk away from her dying father.

She was nothing but crazed inside of her head, but her body showed nothing but contentment as she walked down the rode. She got to her street and turned left towards her house. She glanced down the rode and hated the last memory she now had of her father. Her house came into view and looked dark and scary. She walked up the lawn and knew going into that house would never be the same again.

She stepped inside and then heard the sirens of an ambulance coming her direction. She walked to her bedroom and looked out the blinds and saw the lights race towards the crash. She could feel the tears going down her face, but her face didn't look sad at all. She crawled into bed without changing and her eyes forced themselves shut. No sleep came to her, but only the image of her father's face with blood gushing from his head. She never opened her eyes again, and was forced to see that image for the rest of her life.
© Copyright 2019 Unknown10 (chickenvsterry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2199008-The-Nightmare-the-extended-version