*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2199965-The-Girl-with-The-Sapphire-Necklace
by Revan
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #2199965
Love between an Elven prince and a low-born human healer. Extremely rough draft. :D

The_Girl_With_The_Sapphire_Necklace_html_1a868ffe.png

The Girl With The Sapphire Necklace

Jayden Schroder

Rose looked at the boy lying in the grass. He looked almost as if he were sleeping, but his eyes were open. His leg was bent the wrong way and... was that blood on the grass? Her eyes widened with horror. He was underneath the Sacred Tree, and his body was covered in leaves and sticks. The Sacred Tree was easily the largest in the Kings Forest, standing well over 200 metres tall, and he had clearly been climbing it. If he'd fallen from that high up, he was almost certainly dead. She rushed over to his side. His leg was badly broken, and his arm looked like it might be fractured. His head was split open, his skull opening up so wide that she could see his brain. Blood leaked from the wound in a river of crimson red. Rose was a healer, a mage who focused on healing the injured. Young, extremely inexperienced and learning, but still a healer. Her training told her that if his head wound was bleeding that badly, he must still be alive. But with a wound that bad, she wouldn't be able to heal him. If she was lucky, she'd be able to close the wound, but he'd lost a copious amount of blood. She couldn't magic the blood back inside of him again. She had to try and heal him anyways however. He was nearly dead, and he definitely wasn't going to last much longer.

She touched his head, her hands instantly becoming slick with blood. Concentrating intensely, she felt the magic flow through her hands and into his body. She watched as the head wound slowly closed up, but she couldn't get it to close entirely. However the blood flow had slowed to a trickle, and she was now able to bandage it up. Now for his leg. She stood up to move towards it, and her head went dizzy. She was exhausted. Using magic could take a toll on it's user. Every mage had an internal pool of mana, which they could then cast magic with. The more a mage trained, the more mana they had, the more spells they can cast and the more powerful spells they could cast. Rose had next to no training and had just closed up an enormous head wound. Her mana pool was almost completely depleted. But she couldn't stop now. Willing herself to stand, she moved over to the leg.





The_Girl_With_The_Sapphire_Necklace_html_mf531d3.png


© Copyright 2019 Revan (smudge1122 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2199965-The-Girl-with-The-Sapphire-Necklace