*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2200800-owo
by Bri
Rated: E · Review · Educational · #2200800
qwertyuiop[
Hawaii
Brianna Scott
9/1/19
P 6


Hawaii is a beautiful state loved by many people. In fact it's America's 3rd most visited state! A bonus is that there are no venomous snakes in Hawaii and you are found smuggling snakes into the state, you can be charged with a $200,000 fine! All of the beaches in Hawaii are open to the public. Speaking of things everyone will enjoy, gambling is illegal in Hawaii and there are no lotto tickets either! Hawaii is the only US state that grows coffee. It's nicknames include, "The Islands of Aloha", " The Aloha State", and "Paradise" The capital of Hawaii is Honolulu. it became the 50th state of America on August 21, 1959. Hawaii is the 43 or 47 depending on if you count total area or just land area. The state bird of Hawaii is the Nene(nay-nay) or Hawaiian goose. The state flower is the Yellow Hibiscus, which is an absolutely beautiful flower and is one of the seven species of hibiscus native to Hawaii. Hawaii's state tree is the Kukui or Candlenut tree which produces a nut that resembles a walnut. Kamehameha butterfly is one of the two butterflies native to Hawaii and the state" insect. The state song is Hawai'i Pono'i.Hawaii. Finally, Hawaii is part of the Pacific Region.

Hawaii has a very rich history. First of all, it was illegally overthrown by the US. Second, Hawaii was once an monarchy, gaining it's first ruler in 1810, named Kamehameha, which is were the name for the state insect came from. Third, it's nickname came from the word Aloha, which is Hawaiian for hello and goodbye. Fourth, the bombing of Pearl Harbor happened on Dec. 7, 1941, happened near Honolulu, on a naval base when a Japanese fighter plane bombed the harbor, killing more than 2,000 soldiers and destroying almost 20 ship and submarines. Fifth, before the British invaded Hawaii in 1778, Hawaiian was strictly oral and the alphabet now consists of only 12 letters. Finally, a disease called leprosy swept over Hawaii and they had no cure.

Hawaii has some interesting geographical features. First, Hawaii is about 2000 miles away from California. Second, the population of Hawaii is 1.42, and though that may seem like a big number. Third, Hawaii is either 43 or 47 depening on whether you judge on total area or just land area. Fourth, the highest point in Hawaii is Mauna Kea standing at 13,796 and the lowest point is at the sea level or edge. Fifth, Hawaii is ranked 43 in population, being beaten by Maine and beating Montana. Sixth and finally, two major rivers are the Wailuku River and the Anahulu River.

Hawaii has a population of 1.42 million people and has one of the most diverse populations in the world. Second, Hawaii is ranked 43 in population, being beaten by Maine and beating Montana.
© Copyright 2019 Bri (username659 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2200800-owo