*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2201420-Believer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sophie
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #2201420
Mirrors, eyes, silver, and souls.
Believe that the silver screen is not a screen at all, but a silver mirror, one that reflects your face back at you, distorted by the pounding fists of hostile ghosts.

Believe that gravity belongs to you, and it may begin to act like it.

Believe that the swirling galaxies are filled with outstretched hands, eager to shake yours.

Believe in what is in front of your eyes, but also what is behind them, the thousands of infinitesimal miracles that work in unison so that you can see your sweetheart.

Believe that you are a hero, but not the hero.

Believe the compliments your dress attracts like magnets, at the very least you have pulled their miraculous eyes towards you, and that is something.

Believe that it is darkest before the dawn, even if that is technically false.

Believe that you can take whatever the world throws at you, even if that is even more false.

Believe that you will be pretty even when you are old.

Believe that everyone sees your soul and not your face.

Believe that your soul is worth being beheld by their miraculous eyes.
© Copyright 2019 Sophie (k.s.b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2201420-Believer