*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204746-The-Copper-Mask
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2204746
This is just a sample chapter for my book that is on Wattpad
Following behind me were a herd of 14 maniacs. All wielding weapons, they ran faster towards me. All of them silent. All of them seemed to be one with the dark. (I don't know how since they were all wearing bright clothing.) Shadows flowing in the dark. Were these people even humans? I lost where one of them was. I just lost two, three, four. Adrenaline coursing through my veins. I could feel my heart trying to escape my chest. There was no point in running. I wasn't getting anywhere. I looked and saw the giant pine trees. I had to climb. I hopped onto the first tree I could find. The pine needles on the tree stabbing my hands, and sides. The needles stung and started to make me bleed. I climbed higher, and higher, until looking done terrified me. Needles from the tree now stuck in my skin, some had cut me and the cuts were every where on my face, legs, arms, torso. Fuck! Fuck! FUCK! It hurts! I kept my hands on the trunk of the thick tree. There I saw one of them, this one had curly red locks, a bright red bow, a black damaged umbrella, jean shorts with striped leggings, a red shirt with a striped shirt that matched her leggings underneath it. "Where the hell is that bitch!" They screamed. The girl holding Lillian standing beside her said " how the hell am I supposed to know." The person with the umbrella stormed off. Supposedly trying to find me. I stayed in the tree still holding it tight. I was getting sleepy. My grip started to loosen. No. My eyes droopy. No. I was slowly falling. NO! My hands slipped. I was falling. Good-bye world. I looked at the moon for the last time. Tears slowly dripping upwards. SNAP! The world went black.

Ow. Wait....how am I still alive? I looked up my vision blurred, and for some reason I couldn't see out of the corner of my eyes. I felt something strange on my face. The room was bleak and sad. Painted a fading white that was slowly peeling off of the walls. The room stained with blood....Ummmmm. Yeah, i'm in trouble, and to add to that my legs were mangled. Also, I was tied down with rope that squeezed the life out of me. It was slowly sawing into my skin the more I moved (See kids, this is what happens when you climb a tree, and fall.) I hear whispering in the other room. It was faint so it was hard to make out what they were saying. "You think she is awake yet?" I heard them say. Anxiety desisted to enter my brain at that very moment. I struggled. Wiggled. Anything to get out of that rope. PAIN!!! Nope this really wasn't working. Then I saw something next to me. A knife! I inched to the side. God dammit! it was just out of reach! I inched a little closer. I heard footsteps just outside of the door. I inched and squirmed. There I got it! I toke the knife, and started to saw the rope off. Creeeeeek. The sound of the once pastel blue door opened. I threw the knife behind me. It was one of the copper masked people. This persons victim was definitely someone emo. They wore combat boots, sort swept to the side black and blue hair, an American Idiot t-shirt, dark red biker gloves, black ripped jeans with chains in there pockets, and the signature copper mask. They walked in and walked slowly and creepily towards me. They tapped the strange thing on my face. "I hope you are enjoying our gift." Gift?......What gift? I had no clue what this person was talking about. They looked behind me. They picked up the knife... That bastard. "Come" They took my hand. I cooperated knowing that resisting wasn't going to do me any good. They took me outside of the room I was in. They dragged me through a dark narrow hall. The person holding my hand started talking "You know we are not as bad as you think." "Oh, so killing my sister isn't that bad apparently." Me and my fucking mouth. "That was your sister?" Wait....What? The hall filled with at lest a dozen doors. The house almost looking as if it was a maze. They took me to the middle of the house. Which was the dinning room. "Welcome." My heart basically gave out at that very second. All 14 of the manics that chased after me were right there. Right in front of me.

Wait...Why the hell were they welcoming me!? One of the masked maniacs, tapped on the seat, supposedly wanting me to sit next to them. The emo masked person let go of my hand, and let me sit down next to a person who's victim was classy. They wore about a 1,000 dollar suit, super shiny dress shoes, exquisite dress pants, pure white gloves, a black and red top hat, and that damned copper mask. Wait, no this person's copper mask was WAY more polished and clean then the others. I did as they said and sat down next to them. I was literally going to die. No. Not from these people, but from a heart attack. The table was quiet, and they were all starring at me. Was I supposed to say something. Okay, if that's what they fucking want. Then that's what their going to get. Still tied up and sat next to a bunch of creeps. I said, "So ummmm...do you guys have names or something." I tried my best to make it seem as I was scared, but apparently all of them were surprised I had said something. "Oh, sorry allow me to introduce myself. I'm Number One." The person with the top hat had said. I was surprised they even introduced themselves before killing me. "This one is Number Two." Number One had pointed to the person with the torn black umbrella. "That's Number Three." Number one pointed to the emo masked person. "Four." They pointed to the masked person I saw mimicking Lillian's clothing. "Five" Number One now pointing to a person with a bright blue tu-tu. "Six" Now pointing to a person with a steam punk outfit. (Where the hell did they find this man?) "Seven" Pointing to a person with the vainy neck who had said "We" "Eight" The person with the green poncho. "Nine" A person with what looks as if it is a school uniform. "Ten and Eleven" Both had identical outfits except they had different colors Ten having white Eleven having pink. (definitely killed twins) "Twelve" Person wearing a hoodie and baggy pants. "Thirteen" Person wearing a tank top and some shorts. "Fourteen" The girl who killed Lillian.....

Number One had stopped talking after that. "So you guys a cult or something." I said. They all started laughing hysterically. "Oh no were assassins." Number Four said. NANI!? "In fact we were hired to kill you." Number Ten had said. I knew it. I fucking knew it. "The only reason your still alive is that Number One likes you." Number Eleven said. "That little kid we killed yesterday was wanted dead by some rich kid. They gave us bout 5,000 to kill her." Someone wanted Lillian dead....But....She was so sweet and innocent....She didn't deserve this. "So here's the deal..." Number One said, "We either kill you since some girl named Grace Matthews wants you dead, Or you become our Number Fifteen." Grace....Grace is the one doing this to me. Once i'm out of here. I'm killing that thot. Besides why the hell does Number One like me? I'm such a bitch. I'm also a fucking chicken. "Why do you even like me anyway." Number One replied with, "After five years of doing this I have never met someone like you. First of all most all of the people who have done this confrontation have never talked. You seem to lack fear my dear. I can still see you do. But way less then everyone else. You are also pretty fucking fast. Also climbing up one of those pine trees. No one had thought of that. You are unique. We like that." Wow this man called me fast....Nah. He's just slow. "So will you be our Number Fifteen Jack?" (Of course this fucker knew my name.) If I said no then I would be dead. Just like that. If I said yes then I would have a chance of escaping this place. "Yes." I hope this works. Number One smiled a cheery delightful delicate smile. "Wonderful. So I see the gift I gave you really did have a purpose." AGAIN WITH THE GIFT! What the hell is he talking about?! "EIGHT!!!" Number One yelled, "Cut off Jacks restraints." Number Eight did what Number One told him to do. He sawed off my rope. Awwww that's better. "Initiation is tomorrow be prepared." Number Two said. I still felt something weird one my face. I reached for my face...The moment of truth. What had Number One given me? I picked up the object off of my face. "I hope you like it!" Number One said with joy. I looked at it. It was a brand new red painted copper mask, with a "number fifteen" engraved on the inside of the mask. I wish I had the guts to tell Number One. "Hey, I fucking hate it."

If you liked this then go check out the rest of the story just click on this link (or copy and paste idk how this works)
https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/203889921-the-copper-mask

Thank you hope you enjoy! :3


© Copyright 2019 FumpleDink (fumpledink at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204746-The-Copper-Mask