*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204820-Annah-and-her-particular-metabolism
by faczar
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #2204820
A simple story of a girl gaining weight in very particular places.
Annah laid on the couch, watching videos on her phone. They were mostly of fashion models doing makeup tutorials and showing off their beautiful figures. She put the phone down and stood up. She brushed the leftover chips off her lap, picking any piece sizable enough to warrant effort. In retrospect to the supermodels she adored, her body was a mess. Because she was skinny enough, she could wear skin-tight jeans and a tight sports bra. This could all be in her favor if she weren't so damn flat. The gap between her legs and butt was nonexistent, her belly might as well be a membrane over her rib cage, and her tiny little tits barely passed for a woman. Even though she ate junk food constantly, she got full instantly, and her weight couldn't increase. From an outsider's perspective, she could probably pass for anorexia.

There is this new drink everyone has been hyping for the last week. On a whim, she decided to buy it at a vending machine at the central station. She takes a sip of the green liquid, leaving the rest for later. "Tastes just like any fizzy drink", she thinks to herself, but suddenly, a strange sensation overflows her. It's like summer, winter, love, loss, a warm blanket and a sour goodbye. It certainly feels new, but somehow seems so familiar, so human. While she's clearing these numerous thoughts, there is one that just can't go away.

"I'm kinda hungry", she realizes. Luckily, there's a burger joint that she frequents nearby. Bite, bite, gulp, bite, bite, repeat, she finishes the cheeseburger in an instant. But she's still hungry. She orders the one with extra cheese, chomps it down, like the first one. But she's still hungry. Hesitantly, she orders the double with extra sauce and french-fries. This, she manages to delicatly devour in a good half-a-minute, spilling not a drop of sauce. And yet, she is still hungry.

Annah had never before felt this way. Instead of feeling instantly full and bloated, even though her peers could still eat a lot more, she felt as if she could now eat the world. The food finally had flavour, she could taste it like never before. "So this is why so many people like to cook."

But right now she can't think, she must act. The old routine of feeling full all the time now became the ultimate goal. What meal could match her appetite, and make her afterwards walk away thinking that her eyes were bigger than her stomach? She turns to the counter and eyes the menu. "Could you make me a burger from this and this, and a layer of that with some of your special sauce in-between each layer? Oh, and also don't skim on bacon, and bring some more fries, please!" The cook anxiously wrote all of this down and, after some killer kitchen work, presents the "burger" to Annah.

She takes a pretty while to attack it from all angles, but after the siege, she returns the platter wholly empty. The cook gives her a surprised glance, says it's on the house as he hasn't ever witnessed such a "healthy appetite".

***


Annah's back at her apartment, quickly launching onto her soft bed. "What a day! Even though I felt full after that über-burger, I still snacked in-between work breaks. Even though I wear practically the same jeans and sports bra every day, my colleagues kept sneaking peeks at me. They said it was nothing, probably 'just their imagination' and so on. I wonder what they thought they saw..." Curiosity getting the better of her, she headed to the bathroom to look at the mirror. Even though her coworkers were unsure of what they were seeing, she is certain.

Her membrane of a belly is no longer flat. It is still tight, but no longer stuck on her ribs, rather, it seems a layer has formed between the two. Well, maybe not just one layer. As a result, every feature of her midriff now looked healthier:



TBC
© Copyright 2019 faczar (faczar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2204820-Annah-and-her-particular-metabolism