*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205001-Antyodaya-Anna-Yojana
Rated: 13+ · Article · News · #2205001
An Indian Government Scheme for Social Welfare.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana
Antyodaya Anna Yojana, the scheme is developed by the Indian government with the motive to provide highly subsidized food to the poorest families of society. This scheme was launched by the Indian Government on 25th December 2000, and it was first implemented in Rajasthan. After a survey and identification Indian government found the poor of the poorest families and to help these families Indian Government launched the scheme to get 37 kgs. of Rice and Wheat, they just need to give Rs.3 for rice per Kg. and Rs.2 for Wheat Per kg. To identify these poor families surveys are done. Once a family has been recognized as eligible for AAY they are to be given a Unique 'Antyodaya Ration Card'. This card is also called PDS yellow card, this card acts as an identification card. The color of the card is green. This scheme has been expanded twice once in the year 2003and then in 2004. The motive of this scheme is to ensure food security and to create hunger-free India.
Features of Antyodaya Anna Yojana:
Food Grain          Cost:Under this Scheme beneficiaries get food and other commodities          on highly subsidized prices like Rice is for Rs.3 per kg. and Wheat          is for Rs.2 per Kg.
         Providing food to          the poor families as per the number of family members.
         This scheme is for          BPL category only.
         Every month 35          kgs. Rice/ wheat is provided to the poor families.
         Families of          widow/handicap/ more than 60 years these categories are considered          in this scheme.
         Grains from          Bio-Metric can be taken by the beneficiaries.

Benefits of this scheme:
Poor families will          get food every month at very low prices.
         They can take 35          kg of rice and wheat at very low prices of Rice Rs.3 per kg. and for          wheat Rs.2 per kg.
         It will make India          Hunger Free India.


Beneficiaries for this scheme:
Families who are          getting up to Rs.15000 annually are eligible for this scheme.
         Old Age          pensioners.          
         People living in          slums.
         Destitute widows.
         Landless          agriculture labour.
         Physically          handicapped.
         Small and marginal          farmers.
         Fruit and flower          seller on pavements.
         Porters.
         Domestic servants.
         Construction          workers
         Snake charmers,          rag pickers.
         Potters, weavers,          blacksmiths.
         Rickshaw puller,          Daily wagers.

Eligibility for this scheme:
Tribal families in          the rural and mountain areas can also apply.
         Family Annual          income should not be more than rs.15000.
         Handicapped,          widows can also apply.
         Families falling          under below poverty line.
         Senior citizen of          age more than 60, and heading the family can also apply.
         Applicant should          be an Indian.

Documents required:
BPL certificate.
         Income          certificate.
         Deletion          certificate.
         Affidavit saying          that the applicant is not having any other ration card.
         ID Card.
         Water tax.
         Residence Proof.

How to apply for Antyodaya Anna Yojana:
For Rural Areas: applicants need to approach their panchayat, the applicant needs to show all the required documents, then gram sabha will identify all the parameters of eligibility and then department of Rural Development approves this.
For Urban Areas: Applicant needs to visit the Municipal Corporation. They will process the whole and then make it approve by the Urban Development department.

After the identification of the beneficiaries concerned officer gives them the card, this card gives all details of the beneficiaries' family members and ration.

© Copyright 2019 Sarbjeet (sarbjeet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205001-Antyodaya-Anna-Yojana