*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205118-Asura
Rated: GC · Draft · Death · #2205118
Be careful to keep out of other people's business, because one bad move, can kill you
Lucy's P.O.V
"I can't go on the double date tonight he-"
"canceled again"Deb finished then groaned."You need to give up on him Luce. He doesn't want to date you."
"Yes he does. We really clicked Debbie. You should of been there.We both missed our stops and had to take a cab we were so distracted with each other. I never felt this way about anyone before..He's the one Deb. Just give him one more chance."
"fine.fine.If you really love him i'll give him a chance."She sighs."What was his excuse this time?"
"It's not an excuse.He's not feeling well."I snap at her without meaning to.
"that sounds a lot like his last excuse. 'my niece is sick and i need to watch her for my brother.' " I hear the squeak of her computer chair. She's looking up at her poster of Leo Dicaprio she has on her ceiling like she does anytime she's annoyed. She says his blue eyes calm her. I didn't feel like rolling my eyes this time though. I was worried about Asura.
"He sounded awful over the phone."
I flash back to our phone conversation while i hear her go on and on about how easy it is to fake sounding sick and how she told me she did it to go to this collage party when she was in her junior year of high school.

"Lucy i'm sorry, I can't make our date tonight..I'm really not feeling well..i'm so sorry.."His voice sounded forced and hoarse. A lot softer than his normal tone.
"It's okay.If your sick your sick sweetie.It can't be helped.Will you be okay?"I ask with concern.
"I just need to rest..I'll be okay. I promise."He tells me sounding wry.
"Okay..But if you need me i'll go there to take care of you. I have a high-" I pause since i hear a muffled cough. Like he covered the phone with his hand and pulled away to cough."immune system."I finish when i hear his breathing again. Normally i can't hear his breathing over the phone so his breathing was off too.
"I'm sorry..i didn't hear you for a moment there.."He says with shyness in his voice.I hear the slight squeak of a bed like he sat or laid down.
"i said i could take care of you if you need me to."I tell him.
"No."he says quickly."no i don't want you to get sick."He finishes with a more relaxed tone."
"Okay Asura..You should go to sleep then. I'll talk to you tomorrow."
"Okay..I will.."He pauses for a moment to hold back his cough."I'm still sorry Lucy..I swear i'll make it up to you."He spoke a little quicker than normal."goodnight Luce."
"goodnight."

"Lucey Lynn Careiga!"Deb snaps me to reality."what?"i say innocently.
"i told you i'm going to find out where this Asura Seline lives and see if he's telling the truth."
"Deb no just-"
she hung up on me.




Deb's P.O.V
"I'll show that lying bastard to mess with my best friend's emotions."I angrily flip through the pages in the phone book and find his number. "lets see how you t alk yourself out of this one" i dial his number and get an answer on the third ring."hello?"
hear a males voice at the other end.not sick in any way."You lying bastard!"i shout."my brother is a bastard by defination but he doesnt lie"the boy says matter-of-factly."who are you then?"
"thats not important."He said with a smirk in his tone
he was starting to piss me off.
"where is your 'brother'?"I ask flatly.
"He isn't feeling well.Didn't your friend tell you this?"
"How would you know that Luce told me if you aren't Asura a**hole."
"whos Luce?"He asked innocently. Like he truly didn't know.
"The girl you keep blowing off with your stupid excuses. How's your niece?"I ask with an attitude.
"my daughter is doing much better now my dear. Thank you for your concern."
"Asura stop playing games!"I shout.Not even Leo's perfection could help me calm down."Stop being a liar or i'll come t wherever you are and smack that stupid grin right off your face.I won't have you continuing to play with my friend's emotions no matter how well you hit it off and i definitely won't put up with your bulls***"
Then his voice completely changed to the soft tone that Lucey told me about but it wasn't innocent at all.
"I'm sorry for all my lies madamoiselle. I just didn't want to hurt Luce's feelings."I didn't believe a word he said.
"why would you hurt her feelings?"I bite on the bait he gave me.
"because you see, i have three girls who have a much nicer body than she does."He answers."I don't need her for my collection."
I feel my anger rise past it's boiling point.
"Luce loves you and you wanted to use her as some kind of play thing? That's it. i'm going to kill you!"
"try as you may but you won't lay a hand on me little girl."
I smirk."you underestimating me will be your downfall. Where are you?"
"home."He simply says.
"where?"I say sounding impatient.
"i live in the large house on the hill. I inherited it when my parents died."He sounded genuine for the first time since he said hello.
"I'll be there.Be waiting bastard."I hang up and get my shoes on. I wont let a boy like that play with my friends heart.




I march to the house to see the door was left open but the bastard wasn't no where in sight. I went upstairs and found him in a bedroom laying in the bed."I didn't bring Luce with me you a**hole so stop pretend your sleeping before i-" I stopped talking when i saw that the cheeks were flushed to a bright pink and the forehead was covered with beads of sweat. His breathing was heavy..He was either a really good faker or he really was sick..
I touched his forehead. He was burning up.
His eyes flew open as soon as i touched him.He mumbled something i didn't understand then blinked twice and tried to sit up."Y-you shouldn't be here!"He said in a panicked tone.That's when i heard the sick voice Lucey heard.This isn't the voice i heard earlier.
"Why not?" I ask just because it took a lot of strength to say it.
"He'll-"He started to coughing to the point of not breathing.He coughed into a black handkerchief.
"you need a doctor.Let me take you to a hospital.I'll carry you."
He shook his head and started to talk again when he stopped coughing."You need to get out of here..Please.."He spoke in a weak hoarse tone putting the handkerchief down and i saw ink on his hand.
"Okay..just let me get you some water"
"No..please go now."
"You need to use a different handkerchief before you get ink poisoning."
"It's not ink my dear."I heard the voice i heard on the phone."He simply has black blood."





Asura's P.O.V
I heard my brother's voice from the doorway and struggle to sit up straight to see him.
He's dressed to match me perfectly. Everything about our bodies is the same besides our eyes,hair and smile.
His was a twisted grin as he stepped in the middle of the room. He stood still and let her look him over.
"The hell?"The girl spoke looking from me to him.
"go."I tell her once more.
"i'm not afraid of-"
"run."i use a commanding voice.
"you should listen my dear Debra."He mocked."I love a good chase."He made his eyes glow red and show his real smile and she finally got the message.
"Demons! you're both demons!"She shouted as she ran past him. I tried to hold him off with my demonic ability but i failed to hold him for long.
I am simply too weak.
Deb's P.O.V
I race down the stairs trying to think of a way out of this hell house. I know i can't use the front door since he wouldn't be stupid enough to leave it unlocked and this house needs a key to get in or out. I try to get the speed dial 9-1-1 but i call Luce instead."Debbie where are-" "there's a demon after me!" i say quickly cutting her off."call the police! im at the house on the hill!"I hang up and run into him.
"i never introduced myself."He deeply bows and kisses my hand."My name is Astaroth."He looks up at me with a twisted smile showing all of his sharp white teeth."I am a demon as you say but it is an isult to other demons to call my brother one.You see? He hasnt embraced his gift as i have and he has grown ill from not seeping life from humans. I would like to take every ounce of that spunk you have for myself so i am going to kill you tonight.You have ten seconds to run."





Lucey's P.O.V
I hear Deb say something from the basement but i don't know what. I quickly go upstairs to Asura since he described the layout of the house so perfectly. I see him laying down in his bed. I told you so. I mentally say to Debbie who's playing hide and seek. His eyes are closed but he looks anything but peaceful and his breathing his heavy..His skin is as white as snow besides his cheeks that were flushed. His red hair was nearly soaked with sweat which covered his body.I uncover him since he only thinks he's cold. I kiss his overly warm lips and see his clear blue eyes open."Lucey"He said sleepily then tried to bolt up."Lucey you have to get out of here!"He pushed up despite my efforts to hold him down."you have to go before he gets you"I could barely hear his soft hoarse voice."who gets me?"
"So you are the human girl my brother fell for?"I heard a voice behind me. I turn slowly to see the evil version of Asura.
"who are you?"I asked shielding Asura with my body.He laughed."oh you don't need to worry about my little disappointment of a brother. I have no use for him..you on the other hand, you have some aura that i can hardly resist."He licked his sharp teeth in a mocking way.
"you won't lay a finger on her.."Asura tries to sound threatening but with how weak he is it only sounds like an empty threat.
"what do you mean brother?"I can't help but to ask.
"He told you about how he tried to stop my little human-demon daughter and how he didn't want her to take anyone's life which was simply making her sick like he is now..He said he was taking care of her but thats a lie..he was simply killing her. We are Demons Luce. We need human life to live."
"That isn't true..you can live without killing..it's just hard.."
"hardly. You have barely made it by working at the hospital to ease the pain of the ones who are going to die anyways but that tiny amount you take isn't enough is it?"The demon spoke.Asura looked away from him."I don't plan to suffer my whole life so it's time for you to die Lucey"
"I don't think so!" Debbie's voice came from behind the demon and a soft scream came from him.
She stabbed his back with a dagger.He fell to his knees Debbie pulled me off. I had to leave Asura alone.




Debbie's P.O.V
I run through the halls of the huge house and try to find somewhere to hide.
This is getting ridiculous..He knows this house and i don't. I find a room with an old piano and hide inside it.Just until he passes the room..Then i need to go back to Asura. This is his brother.He should know how to stop him,know some weakness of his.If not, it's better than just running blind.
"Little lamb.."He calls."I can sense your fear so hiding is pointless.."He practically purrs.
S***.
I think of happy thoughts. Leo in catch me if you can,In that uniform,him holding me like he held Rose on the back of the boat.
I continued to fantasize about him, but kept it innocent to keep my heart rate down.
"You are a smart little lamb aren't you?"I could hear his smirk."but this lion doesn't lose his kill."
I wait until he's far away and run to Asura's room. Luce was giving him water. He looked terrible but his eyes still showed a glimmer of life.He truly loved her.
"Asura how do i-"
"Look out!"Luce screamed
Before i could move my body was pushed into a large black chair in the room and a fire filled the room.
"So you do have some fight in you."That's when i realized that fire was meant to hit me..and Asura saved me.
Luce was right.




Lucey's P.O.V
After my phone call with Deb i rush to the house after calling the cops. I got a warning for making prank calls.
Asura said he lived in that house. Maybe that's why he's so sick. A demon is draining him so he can do bad things. I put on a cross necklace and get some holy water from the church and bring my bible. I don't know if any of this will help but it's better to try and fail than it is to not try at all right?

Deb's P.O.V
s***.
I try to think of something while i run as far as i can from him. I pick up a dagger i found and run to the window to try to escape but the window is so old it doesn't open easily.
f***. i'm f-ing screwed.
"Times up."He says from where i left him and appears before me. I run as fast as i can into the basement and hide.
Stupid! i'm so stupid! the last place you go in a horrific moment is trap yourself. I squeeze myself behind an old dresser.
"Little lamb the lion comes for you."He mocks.I hold my breath and stay completely still.
"Come out come out my little lamb"He continued to mock.
"Debbie where are you?"Luce calls from upstairs when he's just about to move the dresser.
"is that the one my brother fell for? We can play later"He goes upstairs to Luce.I scream.
"Lucey watch out!"



"We have to go back for Asura!"I said trying to pull away.
"No way Luce.He's a demon too. He's just playing you. He wants to kill you."
I slapped her cheek as hard as i could.
"Oww!"she screamed at first putting her hand over it.Then her voice softened."Luce.."
"He isn't like that monster. He might be a demon but he isn't bad. He's dying because he doesn't want to kill!"
"How do you know Luce?"
"the other demon told me..He told me he's sick because he won't kill and i trust Asura.He's not bad like his brother."
"That was a brave move you made Debra"I heard the demon's voice again."but that isn't enough to stop a demon.You'll pay for that. No human will get away with wounding me and live to tell the tale.Luce i have a game to finish with Debra. You can go waste your time with my little brother."He pushed me into the room.
Debra took off and the demon followed her.
I knew i was no match for him but Asura might be if he's stronger again.I went to him and held him to my chest.
"take some of my life Asura."I demand him.
"No Luce..I won't..I can't.."He shook his head and started to cough again."I won't lose you Asura...and i won't let your brother continue to kill."
"Luce if I kill I could lose my sanity.."He whispered."I could be just as bad as Astaroth..The Seeker said I have the potential to overpass my elder brother.."



Asura's P.O.V
i forced my body to make her move away from my brother's fire attack then used water to stop his fire sphere from hitting me and Luce.
I felt too weak to sit up after that. That was just pure adrenaline.
"Maybe i spoke too soon."My brother mocked me. "This is much more convenient.. Both Debra and Luce are in the same room and my poor little brother will get to watch."
I felt my eyes try to glow red from anger, but instead i made them glow a cat-like green."You won't hurt them."
"i'll kill Debra first just because i love this cocky attitude of yours."He gave me his Cheshire smile. I tried to move Debbie out of the way, but I couldn't do it.
He bites down hard on Debbie's neck and sucks not only her blood, but her life force,her aura. I force myself to get up and push him off with my own fiery blast.It works though, I hardly have the strength to stay standing. The smell of her blood and the weak state I'm in makes it hard not to go to Debbie and gain some life I so desperately need. I take deep breaths to resist. I continue to think about Luce and the task at hand and avoid giving in to my true nature.
"You little bastard!" He holds the burn on his neck and gives me his most demonic glare,his body going from human to demon,his black demon wings ripping threw his shirt,his short nails turning to talons.He hits my face scratching my cheek, making the black blood pour from my cheek. I refuse to change so all i can do is blow him back with my wind. He uses his wings to avoid hitting the wall and comes back for more. Something i don't have much of. I just barely dodge his fire blast. "Come on little brother. Stop using that stupid form. You have such nice wings and razor sharp teeth whiter than your face."He was just toying with me like i was an injured bird and he was the predator. We are both predators. I just didn't want to admit it.
"Drink my blood.."Debra spoke in a hoarse whisper.
"No..I can't..i won't.." I lost the ability to stand up.I looked at the balcony and had a plan.I gathered all the strength I had left for one last attack as he went up to me."Time to die little brother."I stayed sitting there until I could feel his hot breath,feeling it slightly burn by face.
That's when I bolted to my feet and used all my strength to get him back first on the balcony. Then i had to do something i really didn't want to do.
I breathed fire like a dragon.
His face looked surprised and proud while he flew backwards. A look I always wanted from my older brother,but thought I'd never get. I couldn't help,but to smile. He went over the balcony and fell. I fell back too, but luckily I just fell to the floor.
Luce ran to see what happened. By their faces, he fell on the rocks below before he could open his wings. I don't think he died, but it would take him time to recover and he should learn his lesson about going after the two girls.
Then I remembered.
Debbie.




Luce's p.o.v
He looked like a lifeless doll on the rocks. Without being in his demon form and being so far away he looked like my Asura laying there and my heart sank a little.The waves should of took him away,but then I remembered most of those rocks had a sharp point to them so they were holding him in place. His wings were out but they looked tattered and broken. The water was black all around him.
"I think he's dead.." I said looking at Asura then gasped. "Asura!"
He was by Debbie who looked like she was going to die at any moment. So did Asura.
I ran to them. "Debbie.." I whispered. "Lucey..There's no hope for me.."Debbie whispered hoarsely.
"of course there is!"But I knew there wasn't. Her neck was snapped and she lost too much blood.. If she was moved she would surely die.
I looked at the two of them.. Asura's skin was white like new fallen snow..starting to gain a grey color..
"Let me save him.."
"What?" i couldn't believe what I heard from Debbie.. what i just barely heard anyways but then i understood why.
"Are you sure?" She gave me a weak smile.
I closed my eyes and put Debbie's wounded neck by his mouth and his automatic response was to bite. I held Debra's hand and squeezed.
Debbie didn't seem to feel his bite and he didn't seem to notice he was biting until it was too late. She took one last breath... but died with that weak smile on her face. I tried not to cry..Debbie was gone,but Asura was alive. I had to look up at the bright side Her death wasn't for nothing.
He bolted up and looked at what he's done. His skin regained color and his eyes looked alive again. I was happy I didn't lose them both.
"Asura.." I went to hug him but he pushed me away.
"No..I'm a monster! I-I killed her.."His voice made tears run down my cheeks. So much self-loathing. So much sadness and grief. For a girl he never met.





Asuras P.O.V
I was almost fully recovered again,but that means I took a life away and this time it was of someone close to the one I was trying so hard to keep safe. The thought of it made me feel sick. Debbie was dead and i can taste her life in my mouth. I can't give it back.. Luce will never forgive me for this. I don't even remember doing it.Have I lost control?
"Shh..Asura it's okay.." I felt her hand touch my cheek and flinched.
I didn't realize how quick my breath was until she spoke. Her arms were around me despite my plea for her to go.
'She was going to die or be paralyzed for life.Most likely be on life support actually.She wanted to die, and i want you to live."
She kissed me.
"You aren't a monster. Not to me, if you didn't I would of killed myself since I wouldn't have you or my best friend.."
"But,what if I start dying again?" I whispered. I felt safe in her arms for the first time since I met her, I was always afraid to hurt her.
I was slowly starving, losing control, but now I can live what was left of Debbie's life that wasn't taken by Astaroth. Thats more than I ever imagined since I stopped letting my brother trick me into hurting people.
"I love you Asura.. I want to live the rest of my life with you.." She whispered in my ear.
"I..I love you too Lucey.." I felt my heart race violently, as if I were alive for the first time in my life.
I kissed her and held her close to me.
Until my brother recovered we would be able to be happy together and when he comes back..
We'll be ready.
But before that comes.
"Luce.."I whispered in her ear.
"yes?"
"Marry me..?" I managed to force the words. I caused her so much trouble, was the cause of her dear friend's death. I wanted to make up for it, I would do anything to make her happy. It wasn't just guilt that made me feel this way though, it was also that I truly loved her. I felt a strong pull to her. Despite what I am.
Her response was a passionate kiss.
I couldn't help but to smile against her lips.
© Copyright 2019 J. J. Caline (cutemew151 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2205118-Asura