*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2206438-Choice
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Relationship · #2206438
The life I would have loved but chose not to live.
         Twas a cold night of December, the thousands of miles away from each other was reduced to only a meter apart. I was finally seeing a friend i fell in love with. However, the feeling of wanting to hug you tight turned to a pat on the shoulder, because i remembered i was just a friend.
And being your friend, i guess, was not so bad.

         As the night grew darker and our conversation grew deeper, I can still remember how you told me you love me too. Those gorgeous eyes and soft lips saying the words I've been wanting to hear. I was over the clouds, i didn't know what to do. Just when I'm about to talk, you sealed my lips with a kiss and told me not to worry because we're going to play this game of life together. It was priceless.

         We spent days and nights together before your flight back to your second country. Letting you go was harder than i expected, but you said well work things out. I trusted in you, i trusted in us and i trusted in this thing called love. It will only be a year or two, that's what i thought.

         A week has passed but I heard nothing from you. I saw pictures of you and your friends going out, but I made myself believe that you just got a tight schedule and you guys were just catching up. Week after week, and I started feeling strange. As a member of the medical field, i was certain and i took up this little test and went to our gynecologist. And yes, i got pregnant. I was excited to talk and share with you the news, but i was only left crying when i saw a picture of you happy with someone new.
I didn't know you were in a relationship back there. My world stopped turning. As i stared on a blank wall, i started thinking, what was I then?

         Days passed and I finally told my best friend about what I'm going through. I endured the pain of not talking to you and pushing through with this pregnancy. You were so happy, and i cant ruin that. My family hated me when they knew, so i decided to move out. I don't want to give anyone heavy burden so i decided to act on my own. But maybe because i was just afraid that you might turn us down.

          After months of living and working away from my family, i finally decided to come home. The warm embrace of my parents, i missed it so much. Truly, nothing compares to the love of a parent to his/her child. Then finally the time came, i can now hold my son tightly in my arms. All of the heartbreaks and the pain was all forgotten because of a little angel sent from above. This little angel gave me a new direction and because of that i progressed big time.

         Time sure flies so fast, I am happy and my son was about to turn one. We were busy with the party preparations and also we were about to leave the country. I went out one afternoon with my best friend and my son to have a meeting with the event photographer whom is close to me and also close to the father of my child. To my surprise, all this time he knew everything (that's because my best friend told him), that's the reason why he volunteered to do this event. After the brainstorming, he told me that the father of my child is back, that he's been here for a week now. I thought i was okay, but i suddenly felt like crying. I told the photographer that he should not let him know anything, then he said that it's too late (Yes, my photographer friend told the father of my child everything he needs to know). "Okay then" I said. We're leaving soon so i thought it would be fine. But that's what i thought. Suddenly a familiar face came near us. Yup, the man whom i thought i would never see again was standing right in front me.........
© Copyright 2019 Image13 (image13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2206438-Choice