*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210026-Part-Of-a-MadMan
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2210026
a short horror story about a shadow man
Party of the MadMan


It was a normal Summer day as Dan looked up at his TV. The dark black screen sent a viscous feeling around the room, Dan didn't know why he felt this way. For the past three months, he has had gruesome nightmares of people he loved fading away. The worst nightmare was when he was alone in a room filled with nothing but darkness and chains crawling up Dan's body, trapping him in the darkroom. When he had actually awoken from that nightmare, he felt his writs where the chains coiled him up. He looked and red lines scarred his wrists and arms, he never had that dream again after that. Later that day he started seeing weird shapes everywhere he looked, one was a man-shaped figure whose body looked distorted. Dan walked along the sidewalk after school still seeing these strange figures, the man would reach out to Dan then suddenly die in a pool of black smoke. This got worse after a few days, the figure of the man would actually touch Dan, making him feel ice cold. Another new feature the figure had grown into doing was taking off a tophat and bowing before reaching at Dan as if it was trying to be nice. This led Dan into naming the figure MadMan, showing such kindness with such means of harmful nature. One day, while Dan was sitting on the edge of his bed looking at the mirror in his room. He heard a low and demonic hiss, the MadMan often did this before striking at Dan or reaching for Dan in an angry way. "You don't scare me, MadMan, you're my only friend," Dan said turning around to face his shadow friend, the shadow looked back with red glowing eyes. The shadow cocked its head in a confused way. Dan got up and hugged the shadow, of course only feeling colder at its touch. The shadow then wrapped it's cold, black hands around Dan in a hugging way. A missing boy was found ten days later, the boy had sleek light blue hair and was identified as a highschooler, the cops couldn't understand the scars and cuts on the boy's face and arms. His chest was split open wide with little to no organs inside. The cops found the boy outside an apartment complex, a very popular one too. They finally found the boy's room and searched the area, strange drawings of a shadow man were everywhere. They found the boy's phone next to his bed and found out the name. Dan. Dan was the lost and dead boy. They never found the killer, and in the small town where Dan lived more and more people went missing or found dead outside the complex. Anyone to visit the room where Dan lived would feel sudden urges to kill themselves. Going mad and actually doing it would earn you the title "MadMan"

First horror writing! I hope you enjoyed it and plz like or comment on this and give me your feedback. I also take suggestions.

© Copyright 2020 Soulcalibur (edgysoulcal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2210026-Part-Of-a-MadMan