*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2212635-Daughter-of-Hera
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #2212635
All Characters are dedicated to Rick Riordan.
The peace of Olympus was disturbed by their Queen, the Goddess Hera. Hera's eyes were red from crying but her makeup had been reapplied, her clothes changed, and her hair put up. Hera was past angry she was livid. The other Olympians scrambled out of their thrones to avoid her wrath as she marched straight to her Husband's throne. Zeus was in La La Land, so to speak, he was thinking about the mother of his most recent child. His youngest child was a little girl named Giovanna Black, Giovanna was 3 months old. Hera looked into his mind and was disgusted by the memories he was replaying. "Zeus"! She barked. "Huh"? Was the response her bastard Husband gave her. "I can't believe you"! Hera screamed while her husband remained clueless. "Another child! When will your infidelities end"!? Zeus finally knew what she was ranting about but he remained silent. "I swear, you are the worst Olympian I know"! That comment stung, but Zeus let his face remain void of emotion. Hera stormed back to her palace and collapsed on her bed sobbing. 'Why? Why did he have to do this? She had remained faithful to him. Bore him many children. Was she not enough'? These thoughts made Hera sob harder, not caring that her makeup was staining the crisp white sheets of her bed. Eventually, Hera stopped crying she got off her bed and strutted over to her bathroom where she stripped herself of her wrinkled clothing and stepped under the warm water. When she finished Hera decided that she needed to go down to Earth after all Zeus did it all the time. Hera decided she would appear as a woman in her early 20's, Hera's hair became a vibrant shade of copper red, her eyes turned the color of emeralds, and her skin was a light cream color. Hera pulled on a peacock pattern skirt, a black crop top, and black flats. Hera slipped off her wedding ring and gathered a bag she had packed. She gazed into the mirror by the door, admiring her appearance, before slipping out the door of her home.
When Hera decided to go to Maimi, Florida. The first thing Hera did was rent an apartment for a year. The apartment was small, no doubt about that, it had a small kitchen, a living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. Hera summoned some things in and then after unpacking and putting everything where she wanted it, she left her temporary home.
Hera had parked the car she had summoned from Olympus, it was a purple Kia Optima (a gift from her son, Hephaestus). Hera decided to go to the beach since the night was falling, Hera knew Artemis would see her in that shiny silver chariot she drove across the sky, but she didn't care, for once she would stand up to Zeus and have a child that wasn't his.
Hera paid a minimal fee before parking her car and getting out. She slipped off her shoes and stepped on the warm sand and began to walk towards the water.
Hera was refreshed half-way through her walk as the tide ran over her feet. "Excuse me, miss"? Hera turned around to face a man in his later 20's, he had blonde hair and brown eyes, his skin was a medium tan, and he wore a green polo shirt, navy blue shorts, and a pair of black dress shoes were in his hands. "Yes"? Hera asked. "I'm Zach, Zach Walsh. I was wondering if I could join you on your walk"? He was blushing. "Of course, my name's," Hera thought about whether she should tell him her real name or if she should use an alias until he was ready. "Jay". She had decided on the latter. It's nice to meet you, Jay". He said. "And you, Zach". She said her cheeks were red.
At the end of the walk as Zach walked Hera (a.k.a Jay) to her car he asked, "Jay"? Hera turned to look at him. "Yes"? She said. "W-Would you l-like to go out with me"? Hera blushed a deeper shade of red, Zeus wasn't even close to stuttering all those times before she married him when he proposed to her. "I'd love to, Zach". She admitted, Zach grinned and they exchanged numbers and addresses.
Hera lay in bed blushing at the thought of Zach as she fell asleep. She hadn't been this happy in many years.
© Copyright 2020 Cinder McHope (readintercede at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2212635-Daughter-of-Hera