*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2213497-Shades-of-the-inside-thoughts-I
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #2213497
Loved ones become part of us but when they find our sacrifices, they leave us stranded.
As I sat on the beach, the only satisfying thing I could do was to stick my feet into the sand. As I sat there, I feel the intensity of the sun penetrating my skin.

I remembered how the starlings mimic sounds uttered by its kind. We used to run through the garden holding hands. I started feeling alone in your company. Is it because you became part of me? I wilted as I saw a reflection of myself each time I looked at you. From afar I would presume you were my strength and nothing done could set as apart, but deep inside me, I knew I grew weak and weaker as the days ran off.
Yes, that is what I thought. Always and forever, I remember the lips those words came from and I knew you meant it. I enjoyed the heat that warmed my body as I grew cold. Time froze when we had our best moment. The impossible felt capable like counting the strings of hair on your head or the stars as we never lost track. I still smell your fragrance in my head. I could smell you from a distance.
I lost all my imperfections thanks to you. You wore a proud face and I knew you didn’t care for anyone but us. I’m so sorry I couldn’t do same. A feeling buried down inside me was fetched. It was well known to be fear. I didn’t want to lose you so I decreed to resolve it on my own. You found out. The deepest and scariest part of me and you saw it all. Is because you were part of me or I tried to protect you from it all?
I regret not showing them earlier when were strong together and now here you lie, beneath my feet. I wish I could take it all back. From this love, gave rose to the beast inside of me. The sacrifices I made for our love to live the happy life you craved.
© Copyright 2020 Side.lines (sidelines at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2213497-Shades-of-the-inside-thoughts-I