*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/221387-Sociable
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Comedy · #221387
This is my first try at a satire so let me know what you think.
Bambi, Christi, Mandi and Jessi were bitter enemies. Bambi went to Pantena, the finest hairstylist in LA to discuss her hatred of the others and of course, to get her hair done.
"Pantena, give me the absolute newest hairstyle, now! Christi better not have an appointment here because I would take my business away like that. She is such a dirty slut. Her hair extensions are those cheap plastic K-Mart ones." Bambi continued along in this vein for quite a long while. Pantena nodded and made the appropriate sounds as she coiffed Bambi's hair into a tangle of curled, crimped and straight pieces.
Meanwhile, across down at the new trendy spot, Club Souillion, Christi was chatting away on her cell phone. Her skimpy clothing showed bones poking out of her skin.
" Like I said, it was totally uncool of her to be so ice queen to me. I was just like Don't go there girlfriend and she was all you aren't black. So I slapped the bitch. She was all totally outraged and all y'know plain goody goody..." A man approached Christi's table, interupting her like totally serious conversation.
"Wassup Christi!! So you up to hooking up at the newest phat joint? Who you bashing on yo' cell anyway woman?" Christi cut of her steady stream of chatter to say,
"I'll be bookin' out of this joint for you? Dream on. I make this place happenin' by my very prescence. And since you have to know, I am BUSY dishin on Mandi, the princess of well not even that."
On her knees two towns away, Mandi was pouring her heart out.
" Mama, I'm really nervous about tonight. Some of the other girls have been really mean. But Jessi gave me the name of a 'special' doctor who she says can give me some herbs to make me feel high, whatever that means. Shall I call him?"
"No, sweetheart. If you want to feel good, just pray to the Lord and thank God Almighty that you are so talented. I know that my little baby is going to be spectacular. Mama's special girl also has a new dress to wear!" Mama said, smilingly holding out a hideous long floral print dress with short puffed sleeves.
" Why Mama, it's darling. i just can't wait. The others will be soo jealous." Mandi said twirling in the dress.
Jessi lay back on her boyfriend, Nate's couch. She was exhausted. Yet a few minutes later, she was up and doing crunches rapidly. She needed to look toned and perfect to appear with the skinnied tonight.
"One, Two, one two/I can sing/Ican dance/ one, two, one two/I will be the best/Better than all the rest.." Jessi chanted as she sat up and down and up and down.

That night all four girls appeared on stage lit by spotlights. All smiled and greeted each other as old friends, laughing and giggling. Mental darts flying from hateful eyes stabbing each other.
"My aren't they a sweet bunch. I bet they still have sleepovers." remarked one audience member.
© Copyright 2001 peachyqueen (peachyqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/221387-Sociable