*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214061-The-Paranoid-Linguist
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Philosophy · #2214061
Is language alive and out to get us?
Language is a self-referential entity that is constantly accumulating power and influence by asserting it’s existence through speaking about itself. Demanding that just because a word exists that it must have some kind of reflection in reality, like Plato’s theory of forms, but don’t be fooled by that. When people say that they have things like ‘rights’, they prove the existence of such a thing using other words, which need to be proven using other words, and it is just a feedback loop of this strange force called language reasserting itself over you and everyone you know with no regard to reality. ‘but it follows rules you say?’ yes, rules it created. It follows this thing called logic, which is how it strings itself together. A list of rules that you have to believe in and agree to before they exist or work.
- The paranoid linguist
© Copyright 2020 karosorakaros (karosorakaros at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2214061-The-Paranoid-Linguist